advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Are you anti-Super Bowl or a huge fan?

Are you anti-Super Bowl or a huge fan?

Postby mamalackey on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:33 am

I will be with friends enjoying the fellowship and food. I only just this morning figured out what teams are playing so I can't really say I'm a fan. I do enjoy going to high school and college football games, though. I'll probably just pay attention to the tv for the commercials and to see what train wreck Madonna's half time ends up being. :)

Do you watch the game or do you go find something else to do? Do you have a girl friend afternoon of coffee and shopping or do you hide in another room with a box of tissues and the Lifetime movie channel? Is it just another Sunday afternoon for your household and you think the rest of the world is nuts? What's up on your Super bowl weekend?
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Re: Are you anti-Super Bowl or a huge fan?

Postby battlefieldmomma on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:04 am

Football Sunday is the BEST time to go grocery shopping
battlefieldmomma

Postby mighty on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 am

The game is just entertainment for me, unless the Chiefs are there, and then I'd get into the game - meaning I enjoy the commercials and halftime more than the game. I cook something special - this year it looks like home-made lasagna.

The males in the house get into the game, regardless of which teams are playing. DH probably has a bet with a coworker on the winner.
mighty

Postby JayhawkKaty on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:23 am

I'm not really a big fan of football, but we usually have the Super Bowl on for the game to see the commercials and half time. My hubby is usually flipping channels while it's on. We usually enjoy the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet more. :D
Katy
DS - 11
DD - 6
JayhawkKaty

Postby fibromom on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 am

I have hosted friends a couple of times, a few years ago it was mainly because we had just bought a 50" plasma. Football is best on one. However I didn't really watch much. I did see half time with the Who, one of my favorite bands of my teens. I still listen to them.
Last year we went to some one else's house for a big party. I didn't watch a bit.
This year we didn't get invited, so we are doing the back up plan. The guys will watch in our bedroom on a 40". Then my mom and me will watch something on the DVR that is just shows we watch like Revenge. That way we are all happy.
fibromom

Postby mrsbluebear on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:58 am

There are teams I really enjoy watching. Chiefs, Packers, Manning Brothers wherever they play....and teams I really would like to watch lose. :twisted: like the NE Patriots, Chicago Bears, and the Raiders. So this year, I am interested! Not exactly fan frenzied though. It'd take the Pack or Chiefs to do that.
mrsbluebear

Postby mygr8crew on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:07 pm

I have never really been into the Superbowl, but my son really likes football and has already requested to watch it tomorrow night when we get home from church. We did watch the half-time show last year, because I knew Slash and Fergie would be on.

That is the extent of my interest.
Susan
Proud Mom to
Taylor, 18
Grace, 16
Gabe, 14
Simon, 12

"Whatever your fight, don't be ladylike!" Mother Jones

http://fiftytwoweeksofme.wordpress.com/
mygr8crew

Postby frizzed on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:14 pm

I have been to a few Super Bowl parties but more for the social hour than the game. Since hubby is working out of town this weekend and it will just be me and the two boys, we will probably flip back and forth between it and any other show just to see some commercials.

If someone invited me over, I'd go tho...for the social hour of course!
If you are gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
frizzed

Postby FunnyChris on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:16 am

I am just a Huge fan.
FunnyChris

Postby jimmyorttiz on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:26 am

Moreover, I love to see Baseball on television and sometime I play this sport with my friends at once in weekend. Team USA is my true inspiration to play this sport and I also think that they plays superbly on ground with absolutely amazing sportsman spirit.
Essense of jiu-jitsu
jimmyorttiz

Return to Sports