advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Idea for a new featured blogger

Idea for a new featured blogger

Postby mamalackey on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Kady, Could perhaps when looking for the next replacement featured blogger (cause there's always gonna be a next time) could someone with teen or adult children be considered? Mygr8crew's blog today was great and something completely different. Not all of the moms here have babies, toddlers and younger elementary school age kids and a look at our world would be nice.

Those of you who don't go read the non-featured blogs miss a lot. Some of the women here are awesome writers, like Mygr8crew.
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Re: Idea for a new featured blogger

Postby 83hwy on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:18 pm

mamalackey wrote:Kady, Could perhaps when looking for the next replacement featured blogger (cause there's always gonna be a next time) could someone with teen or adult children be considered? Mygr8crew's blog today was great and something completely different. Not all of the moms here have babies, toddlers and younger elementary school age kids and a look at our world would be nice.

Those of you who don't go read the non-featured blogs miss a lot. Some of the women here are awesome writers, like Mygr8crew.

I've asked for this, too. We aren't a "market" for the KC Star, we could be, but ignored ...
83hwy

Postby dollarfifty on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:50 pm

I agree! why not you Edie? :D
I'm so far behind I think I'm first.
dollarfifty

Postby mamalackey on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Thanks for the compliment, Dollar. But I'm guessing I wouldn't qualify since I live 325 miles away. :) And I have no writing talent.
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Postby LilacLover on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:30 pm

I agree with Mamma Lackey,

Not that she is not a great writer, I don't know anything about that. But, I would like to read a blog with someone with older kids too.

Mygr8crew is a really talented writer and I would love to see her fill that spot!

Lila
"The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own. "
~ Benjamin Disraeli
LilacLover

Postby ProxyMom on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Off-topic: Hey, Lilac, I really like your avie!

Sorry, I don't have much to add... except, yes, I agree that diversity is cool and yes, I should be reading more of the blogs. Honestly, a lot of times real blogs get sandwiched between non-blogs, and then swept off the page -- I don't even see them before they are gone.
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby LilacLover on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks Proxie~

It is me with Ben when he was 4.

I used to sing him a song that soothed him. In the picture he was sad and I started quietly singing his song to him and he leaned forward and put his forehead to mine.

The song was "Baby Mine" from Dumbo.

I am so happy I have a picture of that moment...

Now back to our regular program (sorry for hijack : )

Lila (who misses having a four year old....sometimes)
"The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own. "
~ Benjamin Disraeli
LilacLover

Postby sashamae on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 pm

I would love to see the prospective from a parent of older children. It would let me know what I have to look forward to as my kids get older!
sashamae

Postby dollarfifty on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Small hi jack. Lilaclover, good to see you again, or am I just blind and missed your posts?
That's what happens when one has grade school, high school and college school kids all at home. AND DH leaves for work at 4pm and gets home at 4am.

Now can somebody blog about that?
I'm so far behind I think I'm first.
dollarfifty

Postby frizzed on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:25 pm

A blogger with older children would be great! I am sure Mr. Stinky Feet is a great guy but I am WAYYYYYY past that age group.
If you are gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
frizzed

Next

Return to Questions about the site