advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Questions about the mom2mom blogs

Re: Questions about the mom2mom blogs

Postby LindseyLou on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Peter Pan JShaw? Really? I just don't know if our kids can play together now. ;) That's worse than the unicorn torturing Skippy folks.

Jif. Creamy. The mongo double pack at Costco. Do it.

CodeNameMama- blog it up girl. Don't be scared.
Mom to Samuel and Sloane
LindseyLou

Postby Neba on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:33 pm

LindseyLou wrote:Jif. Creamy. The mongo double pack at Costco. Do it.

This is the only way to go, LL.

As per the blogs, yeah, some of us RARELY wander into blog land. I have a hard time entering into the weblog area as the word "blog" sounds like a noise my child would make if he were ralphing something up. Though, every now and then I get a wild hair and wander over to read.
"(Reverend Finley): Sometimes we must come full circle to find the truth. Why does that surprise you? (Scully): Mostly, it just makes me afraid. (Reverend Finley): Afraid? (Scully): Afraid that God is speaking... but that no one's listening." The X-Files
Neba

Postby jshaw on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:55 am

LindseyLou wrote:Peter Pan JShaw? Really? I just don't know if our kids can play together now. ;) That's worse than the unicorn torturing Skippy folks.

LOL! Like I said, I haven't purchased any Peter Pan since the recall. I think I have generic brand in the pantry. My kids don't eat it enough to be choosy. :D
Bullies make the little baby Jesus cry.
jshaw

Postby CodeNameMama on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:18 am

Neba wrote:
LindseyLou wrote: I have a hard time entering into the weblog area as the word "blog" sounds like a noise my child would make if he were ralphing something up. Though, every now and then I get a wild hair and wander over to read.

:lol: :lol: Would it make it easier if you thought of it as a "web log"? ;)
Mama to Kieran (12/11/07)
Blogging on attachment/responsive parenting, toddler activities, and more at http://codenamemama.com
Proud to be a "militant whack-a-doodle" lactivist! ;)
CodeNameMama

Postby ProxyMom on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:34 am

I have the same reaction to DH's pet name for culinary creations. Knowing the nickname stands for 'chef art' does nothing to make it more appetizing.
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby CodeNameMama on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:18 pm

ProxyMom wrote:I have the same reaction to DH's pet name for culinary creations. Knowing the nickname stands for 'chef art' does nothing to make it more appetizing.

Ew. Something tells me it's the same word *my* husband uses for . . . something else.
Mama to Kieran (12/11/07)
Blogging on attachment/responsive parenting, toddler activities, and more at http://codenamemama.com
Proud to be a "militant whack-a-doodle" lactivist! ;)
CodeNameMama

Postby Sugar Mama on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:28 pm

jshaw wrote: I was preggers with the twinsies and ate regularly from my jar of Peter Pan. Yeah, I got sick. I thought it was just from being pregnant until I saw the news reports and matched the serial numbers. And to be honest, I haven't picked up another jar of Peter Pan since. BUT, it is the best PEANUT BUTTER EVAH. As long as there isn't a recall. :?

Buzzkill. NO! I am just kidding. This made me so sad, I bet you FREAKED out being pregnant and sick with recalled PB. One thing I don't like about Peter Pan is that it gets that oily top layer sometimes. But, well who am I to judge? I like Skippy after all!
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby DrAmanda on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:38 pm

I have another blog question, so I thought I would just tag onto this thread.

I just blogged on here for the first time in a long time. It is showing up with a bunch of weird stuff on the main blog page, but when I go to edit the blog none of that stuff shows up? I used firefox to post but it says something about internet explorer? I'm confused.
Amanda Dunn
Mama to Lexi & Wife to Matt
Chiropractor in Overland Park
http://www.dunndc.com
DrAmanda

Postby eparn on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Natural peanut butter all the way, baby. The double pack, Kirkland brand at Costco. My husband really wishes it was crunchy, but we have a jar of peanuts and I've suggested he throw some in there.

I love the blogs. In fact, I'm working on my blog for tomorrow right now. I told my daughter this, and she said, "Mom, I don't want to eat your blob. Do I have to eat your blob? Does daddy have to eat your blob?" What the...?

I wish more people read the blogs - I think it's a great way to express yourself and opinions.

And please read my blog tomorrow - it's important. I don't usually beg people to read - they want to/have time - or they don't. And it's not usually earth shattering, but this is one I'm hoping will spur a little action and maybe save a life or two.
eparn

Postby valeriepwp on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:46 pm

Blog what you want, people will read it or not, like it or not. It's a way to express yourself.

As far as peanut butter goes......Peter Pan crunchy baby! And that's coming from the woman who mourned the day she realized that her peanut allergy was causing great gastric distress (heartburn) every time she ate pb.

And.....isn't the whole purpose of pb to get a bunch of sugar and HFCS? duh! Oh, and fat, not the healthy kind either.

I don't like unicorns. There, I said it. Pegasus is so much better, who doesn't want to fly?
valeriepwp

PreviousNext

Return to Questions about the site