advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Questions about the mom2mom blogs

Re: Questions about the mom2mom blogs

Postby Sugar Mama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Yes, I remember it like yesterday...

The ballet teacher was 300 years old. She had 2 Princess Leah buns. She ate sandwiches with sprouts and smelled of mint. She would come into the art room-I was usually singing Cindy Lauper (I was a hip 3 year old), picking my nose and eating glue when she would arrive-with a jumprope. She would tie a slip knot around my wrist, then wrap it behind my back and loop the rope behind my back. Then, because I was skinny from a diet consisting of glue, she would loop it again behind my back and tie it off on the folding chair. Then she'd lovingly pat the top of my long brown haired head. I then would try to contort my body (becasue being a lefty you contort your body differently to write) pick up an art brush and get about as creative as any one armed child tied to a folding chair can get. I did drop a marker once and about winded up in the infirmary trying to bend and get it. Good times, the fire drills where interesting too. Running with a chair attached to your person is great cause for congestion. Sweet, sweet memories.
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby ProxyMom on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:07 pm

c&cmomma wrote: Isn't a blog an opinion on a subject? Still a little confused about the thing, cause someone mentioned blogs aren't diaries. Dunno.

I say write/type whatever you feel for the day.

That was me. All I meant was, on M2M if everyone posted a diary-type entry in the 'blog' section ("Today I ate 1/2 a cup of banana slices, took a walk and saw a dog pooping in the schoolyard.") I'd never see any of the blogs like "Soap Box" or what have you. Obviously, it's your blog -- you can put whatever you like. But M2M's blogging section is not exactly built to accomodate that very easily. I'm sure it sounds snotty, but it's not meant to be.
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby sahmiam43 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:15 pm

ProxyMom wrote:But M2M's blogging section is not exactly built to accomodate that very easily. I'm sure it sounds snotty, but it's not meant to be

It does sound snotty, but I get it. I always got annoyed as someone who put time and thought into what I said/wrote and got bumped off the page by spam and stuff like that. But you are right, when you fill in a blog form it's all your opinion, you can use it however you want. Freedom of Speech, Baby.
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

But wait! There's more! For the low price of a clickity click click,click...
http://thehistorychicks.com/
http://sahmiam43.blogspot.com
sahmiam43

Postby ProxyMom on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Yeesh, accommodate. I meant accommodate.
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby sahmiam43 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:23 pm

I like your ballet class description. I think I had that teacher once..sprouts and all! Only it was " modern dance" and she was always having us be trees or flowers or something.

My first gymnastics coach was a lefty, guess which hand I favored although I am a righty?
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

sahmiam43

Postby CodeNameMama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:11 pm

I'll admit it - when I signed on and saw 3 pages to this post, I was scared :lol:

I'm glad to know it was merely peanut butter and left-handedness ruling the day. By the way, I'm left handed (as are my mom and grandma, but only grandma was forced to use her right hand by the evil school system ;) ). I grew up on Peter Pan creamy PB, and would eat that any day, but I've switched my family to a no sugar added PB, usually the one from Costco.

That being said - can someone explain the spammy posts/getting bumped thing? So is there like an "updated blogs" list and it just moves - thus spam will bump a "real" post?

Would copying/pasting a post (and saying - hey, I posted this previously on my other blog) be considered spam if I'm not trying to sell anything?
For example, I've been blogging a weekly "toddler activity schedule" - there may be moms who would get value out of that, but they don't really check blogs. If they're already on mom2mom, is it spammy to copy/paste it here (with disclosure)?

And of course I'd be open to different points of view, that's the beauty of blogging (in my opinion) - you get to discuss things with others.
Mama to Kieran (12/11/07)
Blogging on attachment/responsive parenting, toddler activities, and more at http://codenamemama.com
Proud to be a "militant whack-a-doodle" lactivist! ;)
CodeNameMama

Postby sahmiam43 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:00 pm

CodeNameMama wrote:That being said - can someone explain the spammy posts/getting bumped thing? So is there like an "updated blogs" list and it just moves - thus spam will bump a "real" post?

Spammy blogs are the ones designed to sell something.Or send someone to another website for some sort of gain. I can't answer your question about copy/pasting something from your site. How you use your blog space here is up to you. If that is what you want to share, so be it. If you want to start a thread ( like this one) about it, that is up to you, too.

The spammers that get deleted on here are the ones who post spam on a number of threads in succession, often dragging up old discussions that should remain buried in the archives.

Have you been watching the blog page on here? There are what, ten?, listed in chronological order. As another blog gets posted the bottom one gets " bumped off". It still is on the site,and can be searched for via the writer's profile, subject, or if that blogger is in your favorite blogger cue ( you create this by clicking on the star that says " make a favorite blogger" on the blog entry page). But it's not listed with the new blog posts anymore. It is possible that someone might never have seen it, had the opportunity to read it, because it dropped off the page when they were not here. And if something worthwhile gets dropped off because someone was blogging about a "real great work at home opportunity!" then that gets sad.

Hope that answers some of your questions.
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

sahmiam43

Postby CodeNameMama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Thank you sahmiam43, yes that answers a lot of questions!

It's too bad there isn't some kind of anti-spam software that could block spammy posts. I've seen the ones on the old threads - you have to wonder how many clicks/sales that generates for the spammers since they are universally despised.
Mama to Kieran (12/11/07)
Blogging on attachment/responsive parenting, toddler activities, and more at http://codenamemama.com
Proud to be a "militant whack-a-doodle" lactivist! ;)
CodeNameMama

Postby bvmom on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:28 pm

For your toddler activities you might want to put them in an actual post as many folks don't read the blogs (except the featured ones). IMO you can definitely post the link of the actvities as many moms of toddlers would love it (or moms of teens who babysit).
bvmom

Postby jshaw on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:44 pm

You guys are whacked. Peter Pan is hands down the best peanut butter of all time. Except for that time back in late 2006 when they had a major recall for salmonella. I was preggers with the twinsies and ate regularly from my jar of Peter Pan. Yeah, I got sick. I thought it was just from being pregnant until I saw the news reports and matched the serial numbers. And to be honest, I haven't picked up another jar of Peter Pan since. BUT, it is the best PEANUT BUTTER EVAH. As long as there isn't a recall. :?
Bullies make the little baby Jesus cry.
jshaw

PreviousNext

Return to Questions about the site