advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Questions about the mom2mom blogs

Re: Questions about the mom2mom blogs

Postby Sugar Mama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:06 pm

LindseyLou wrote:Sorry Sugar, I can't be friends with someone in the Skippy camp. I heard people who eat Skippy don't love their children, and they torture unicorns. How could you do that to your child, fill them up with toxic Skippy peanut butter? Jeez, and I thought I knew you...:)

:) Well, I blame it on all that crack I have been smoking...its amazing how much torture I can inflict on mythical beasts though!
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby ProxyMom on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Aww, Sugar, you know I don't think you do crack. I blame your upbringing -- the Montessori influence strikes again. You crazy hippie children all think a little funny.
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby Stingyhag on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:16 pm

I'll admit it. I abuse my children by forcing them to eat Skippy. It is the one that is usually on sale. I save the Jif (extra crunchy) for myself.
Insane mom of 9
Grandma to 2
Stingyhag

Postby Sugar Mama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Ha ha, it is so funny the dialog that can be contained by totally unrelated topics :) I just freaking love this place! Can you even imagine if we did have moderators?!? Their poor little fingers would be nubs moving our comments to the appropriate topic :)

Off topic though ( :) ) Do you guys know in my Montessori I am left handed, at art time the ballet teacher was in charge of tying my left hand behind my back to encourage right handed behavior. It's quite amazing the fun that was had at children's expense in the EARLY 80's!
Last edited by Sugar Mama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby teenymom on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:29 pm

On blogs: I used to try and read them, but too many of them were these random thoughts and not really a blog at all. Also, the copy editor/grammar nazi in me just could not handle the stress of some of those entries. I hadn't looked at that page in ages until Kate mentioned that healthcare blog a few days ago. I liked that one and will probably keep reading that woman. Other than that, I only read some of the featured bloggers on here. I've never written one, because my life is just not interesting or amusing enough to force other people to read about. :-)

On Peanut Butter. My vote is mostly just YUM. I buy the Simply Organic most of the time, or Jiff. I was raised on Peter Pan and still like it a lot too. Oh, and Skippy is good. Um. I think I am embrassing myself here...
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
- Mark Twain
teenymom

Postby Sugar Mama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:36 pm

teenymom wrote:On Peanut Butter. My vote is mostly just YUM. I buy the Simply Organic most of the time, or Jiff. I was raised on Peter Pan and still like it a lot too. Oh, and Skippy is good. Um. I think I am embrassing myself here...

Oh god Teeny RUN! They take their peanut butter pretty seriously in these here parts. I think someone called Child Services on me and a van just pulled up with a sign reading..."People for the ethical care of the the super sparkly unicorn" "in conjunction with the padded scratch and sniff sticker society" "Part of the Aqua Net alliance" "In no way affiliated with Sally Frank spiral notebook ordinance" Its a pretty big truck.
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby sahmiam43 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Focus people!!

The woman asked a question... oh dear, a lot of questions. Can I pick and choose which ones to answer?

Blog away, it's nice to have a broad spectrum ( I did not just call anyone a "broad") of voices on the blog page. I do read many of them, although I will admit to skipping some that I just know I don't speak the same language. And I know that some skip mine for the same reason.

I do have a blog elsewhere, but also was asked ( after a long history of blogs on here) to be a featured blogger here.I am not a writer or a paid Star employee. I really am a SAHM.

I do have a peeve though, when people who have other blog pages copy and paste them on here. It's easy to find out ( just google the first line usually) and it kinda turns me off. Seems like an ad , and part of thier marketing strategy for their own site to me.Too spammy, turns me off. I have copy/pasted something that I thought others who don't read my page would enjoy but I said I was doing it both times.I don't know if I would do it now, though.

And finally--- for taste-- it's Jif , Baby, all the way. Unfortunatly it has a TON of sugar so I have to have the natural kind mostly.
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

But wait! There's more! For the low price of a clickity click click,click...
http://thehistorychicks.com/
http://sahmiam43.blogspot.com
sahmiam43

Postby teenymom on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Sugar Mama wrote:
teenymom wrote:On Peanut Butter. My vote is mostly just YUM. I buy the Simply Organic most of the time, or Jiff. I was raised on Peter Pan and still like it a lot too. Oh, and Skippy is good. Um. I think I am embrassing myself here...

Oh god Teeny RUN! They take their peanut butter pretty seriously in these here parts. I think someone called Child Services on me and a van just pulled up with a sign reading..."People for the ethical care of the the super sparkly unicorn" "in conjunction with the padded scratch and sniff sticker society" "Part of the Aqua Net alliance" "In no way affiliated with Sally Frank spiral notebook ordinance" Its a pretty big truck.

Sugar, I really want some of whatever you are smoking today. That made me laugh for 5 minutes.
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
- Mark Twain
teenymom

Postby not worth it on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Jif has more sugar than Skippy? Learn something new everyday.
We're a Skippy family here. Grew up on Peter Pan. Does that help clarify me?

As for blogs, never really into them, but enjoy reading when I have to the time.

Isn't a blog an opinion on a subject? Still a little confused about the thing, cause someone mentioned blogs aren't diaries. Dunno.

I say write/type whatever you feel for the day.
I pity the fool who is illogical
not worth it

Postby Stingyhag on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:53 pm

Sugar Mama wrote:

Off topic though ( :) ) Do you guys know in my Montessori I am left handed, at art time the ballet teacher was in charge of tying my left hand behind my back to encourage right handed behavior. It's quite amazing the fun that was had at children's expense in the EARLY 80's!

To continue the hijack. I am left handed also. The Des Moines public schools attempted to "change" kids back then. My mom had seen how it screwed up my grandfather, and went in armed w/ info she had found to prevent them from trying to do that to me.

Man, I am old.
Insane mom of 9
Grandma to 2
Stingyhag

PreviousNext

Return to Questions about the site