advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Questions about the mom2mom blogs

Questions about the mom2mom blogs

Postby CodeNameMama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Can someone tell me more about the blogs on mom2mom?

Can anyone have a blog? (ETA: Scratch this question, I know the answer!)

How are the featured blogs different? Are these all Star (or its affililate) staff members?

For the women who blog on here:

1) Do you blog elsewhere too?
2) If so, what makes you also post on mom2mom?
3) What is your favorite part about blogging on mom2mom?
4) What is your least favorite part about blogging on mom2mom?
5) Do mom2mom members actually read the (nonfeatured) blogs?
6) If a person (say, me! ;)) wanted to blog on topics that aren't always part of the parenting "norm" (say, full-term breastfeeding, home birth, etc.), would anyone find those topics to be valuable/interesting, or would it simply bring tension to the site? Maybe I should preface that by saying I wouldn't want to post anything in a judgmental/condescending manner, only in a way that was informative - "hey here's another option." I should also say that I am not someone who enjoys a tense thread just for the sake of amusement, so that would definitely not be my intention.
On the other hand - maybe those kind of topics are already covered by lots of other bloggers on here. What do you all think?

Thank you!
Mama to Kieran (12/11/07)
Blogging on attachment/responsive parenting, toddler activities, and more at http://codenamemama.com
Proud to be a "militant whack-a-doodle" lactivist! ;)
CodeNameMama

Re: Questions about the mom2mom blogs

Postby ProxyMom on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:12 pm

If you want to blog, I'll read it! I like it when people blog -- as long as they aren't just diary entries, short posts, etc posing as blogs. Then I get slightly annoyed because it bumps down the people who actually were trying to reach out to others.

I've been a bit lax about posting feedback, but I really enjoy the featured & non-featured bloggers on here. Some of my favorite non-featureds over the past month or so have been maggie_s, signefreed, mmcl (I get those 'Barack' emails too!) I just wish the blogs page layout made it a bit easier to scroll through past entries.
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby LindseyLou on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Anyone can blog here, but the featured bloggers are people who the Star has asked to blog. Some are employees, but there are some who already regularly blogged here, and they were asked to be featured bloggers.

I don't often blog here since I've got another blog that I maintain somewhere else, but I do read most of the blogs on the page.

My feelings are: blog about whatever you like, but if you take a particular stance on something, (be it breastfeeding, epidurals, or that Jif is the best peanut butter in the ENTIRE WORLD), be prepared to hear the other side, too.

Good luck!
Mom to Samuel and Sloane
LindseyLou

Postby Stingyhag on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:30 pm

But, Jif is the best peanut butter in the whole world. I thought everyone already knew that?
Insane mom of 9
Grandma to 2
Stingyhag

Postby Sugar Mama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:34 pm

What?!!? SKIPPY is the best!

I say if you want to Blog about something you have just as mush right as anyone else. I like reading Blogs, if there is someone that I just thought was pushing an agenda (not saying you would) but maybe I would just read it more sporadically. And you seem like a nice lady-just make sure your skin is pretty thick, people are going to voice whatever opinion they want in response.

One thing I don't think people like, is say Lindsey has her own Blog on Blogspot-it is generally not nice to just cut and paste her Blogspot blog, but she could put a link to it in her signature or something like that. Thats not a rule, I just have heard people say it.

Good luck! Breast feeding is a wonderful thing, there are mothers though that feel bottle feeding is as equally beautiful so my only girl to girl advice would be something my GENIUS grandmother told me 4 million times in my life....

"Honey, nothing hurts worse than feelings"

Now get your Blog-on!
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby ProxyMom on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Sugar Mama wrote:What?!!? SKIPPY is the best!

Well, Sugar, I'm not sure what crack you're smoking today, but Jif is the best.
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby Sugar Mama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Mmm...nothing says its almost 3 like a little Crystal Meth!

I like Skippy, Jif is just "OK".

PS-Crack is wack!
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby Neba on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 pm

The cake-maker likes Skippy? That's just wrong, Sugar. Jif makes the best cookies..evah..without flour ('cause gluten is just evil).
"(Reverend Finley): Sometimes we must come full circle to find the truth. Why does that surprise you? (Scully): Mostly, it just makes me afraid. (Reverend Finley): Afraid? (Scully): Afraid that God is speaking... but that no one's listening." The X-Files
Neba

Postby Sugar Mama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Actually, truth be told NOTHING beats Nutella :)

BUT when I am baking I use that Smuckers natural to bake with. It doesn't have tons of sugar in it. But a good sandwich is Skippy with a smear of my own canned apple butter.
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby LindseyLou on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Sorry Sugar, I can't be friends with someone in the Skippy camp. I heard people who eat Skippy don't love their children, and they torture unicorns. How could you do that to your child, fill them up with toxic Skippy peanut butter? Jeez, and I thought I knew you...:)
Mom to Samuel and Sloane
LindseyLou

Next

Return to Questions about the site