advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Can't we all just get along?

Re: Can't we all just get along?

Postby gematree on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 pm

hotmomma wrote:I don't find the "hurtful" things amusing, but I do enjoy good banter. What I can't stand are the "firecracker in the anthill" threads. Things that are started only to get everyone riled up and the original poster never posts again...just stands back to watch the chaos.

Another thing that is completely obnoxious is when someone agrees with another person, they are referred to as a minion, soldier, etc. Sheesh, every bless-ed one of us is capable of independent thought. It is also not "ganging up" when a group of people think the same way. It's simply a group of people thinking the same way. To incinuate there is a leader who comes here to start something with the full intent to have a group of people lined up to agree with her is rude, mean, and belittling. SHAME on anyone who has made this type of accusation. *in bold for reply below

Every one of us has been slammed in one way or another on here. Some more than other, and some to harsher extents than others. No one person gets it more than anyone else, but some make a bigger issue out of it. Not that it's wrong, it's just why things seem one sided.

As to how to get it stopped, that's a hard one. Sometimes once the ball is rolling, it cannot be stopped. Moosebane has made desperate attempts to make ammends...all have gone unnoticed. Talk about rude, ignoring an apology (and one that is as obviously sincere as moosebanes), is the epitomy of rude, and I have said that on this site before. Another example is the "soldiers" reference. The original poster may have stopped saying it, but it has caught on and others have picked it up. I guess the way to stop it is to think before we speak.

*in bold by person in replying

When one person slaps someone, and another comes along and slaps the same person, followed by another, and another, those people are given the "label" of "soldier" or "minion" or "gang", it's termed as a "group, gang, soldiers, and minions if the others ONLY follow, never take the lead. If you were "raped" (and no, not suggesting, just using the word as an example) by a succession of persons, one following the other, the term "gang" raped is going to be said. "Minions" are people unwilling to be the LEADERS of the "attack", they are the followers, and maybe they do have independent thought, but they follow the leader. As for "thinking BEFORE we speak, That Rule would apply to the "followers", too. To ensure that we aren't "ganging up" on someone, whether we agree with the leader or not.

"You are ugly as sin.", (to use a previous example) said by one, should kindly, compassionately, considerately, well-mannered and caring NOT BE FOLLOWED by "ITA. You are ugly as sin." and then another and another with winks and bwahhahas and if you wouldn't do it IRL, why do it on this site?

If you wouldn't do it to the stranger at your door, who could be ... Jesus, but you wouldn't "know" Him, recognize Him, why, in your soul would you think it's okay to do it here? If that's a "loaded" question, sue me.

As for posting and not being here to respond.....sometimes I post and have to leave the computer, and may not be back for awhile. OMG is that possible??????? Is this another "rule" on M2M?

I'm leaving the site for awhile. Not angry, just busy at this time of year.
"I guess that's why we each need to make our own decisions based on the wisdom we have and the risks we want to take." Cnnplus5 9/01/09
gematree

Postby Neba on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:31 pm

seabiscuit wrote:
hotmomma wrote:
debcb wrote:[Will we all come together and sing campfire songs? The answer is no.

Crap, there goes my plans for the next meetup.

Oh MAN! What were we going to sing? I'm a pro at the harmony to "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel - can I make a request for the following meetup?

Lie le lie, lie le lie lie lie le lie (I sing the top part...)

Muwahahahahahahaha!!
"(Reverend Finley): Sometimes we must come full circle to find the truth. Why does that surprise you? (Scully): Mostly, it just makes me afraid. (Reverend Finley): Afraid? (Scully): Afraid that God is speaking... but that no one's listening." The X-Files
Neba

Postby Sugar Mama on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:40 pm

debcb wrote:
To wave Debs daughter around as a weapon was so NOT COOL.

Thank you. And, spicy, thank you too. I appreciate that you all have my back.
Oh, and finally, if you ever jack with me about my kid....it's over.

Anytime Deb, you are a real class act, and I have a lot of respect for you and others. I would go to bat for you any day!
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby mom2momkc on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Hey everyone,

It's been a busy day, but I've finally had a chance to catch up on all your posts here. I just want to say that the intent of my post this morning was to ask that we all conduct ourselves in a civil manner on this site -- today, yesterday, last year, tomorrow. I DID NOT single any one one person out. I posted my original post this morning simply because it got especially nasty yesterday and it really bummed me out, so i thought it was a good time to remind everyone to play nice. That's it.

Was it the first time people have been uncivil on this site? Oh, goodness no. And I have, despite what's been said, dealt with the incivility both on the site and privately many times over the past two+ years. You all have made it clear that you don't want heavy censorship on mom2mom. And so far, we have been pretty much able to keep it that way.

I, for one, am really ready to move on to other topics. Anyone care to join me?
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Postby tfjonas on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:56 pm

I will join you Kady.

I've slept on it, and I'm ready to move on also. I've got what's important to me upstairs asleep right now. He's covered up with a big Spiderman blanket. <no, it's not Luke :D >

As long as he's happy I'm happy. As long as my husband is happy, I'm happy. As long as my family and friends love each other... then that's what means the world to me.

I love meeting new people. If anyone ever wants to meet up for coffee and I'm free... let me know. Just don't secretly take me down the alley and beat me up cause I have a little boy to raise... and even one on the way! omg. did I just type that... Let's see who sees it. :o

Thanks Margo and Jennifer for your kind thoughts.

Like everyone else, I am here to have a conversation. I will work hard in not seeming sarcastic, although I do have a personality.

I tend to take things personally, like most of you do too. When I see nothing but bad things typed about me, I mean... we're talking about my actual name typed... it upsets me because afterall... I am only human.

So... here's a song for everyone...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt58Z_XuGe4
Tasha Fabela-Jonas
tfjonas

Postby bvmom on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Congrats Tasha on your future addition! Maybe a little girl is in your future...
bvmom

Postby ProxyMom on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Ooohhhh, you're pregnant. You know, context is always good. Congratulations, Tasha, Luke & Bo! :)
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby hotmomma on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29 pm

gematree wrote:
hotmomma wrote:I don't find the "hurtful" things amusing, but I do enjoy good banter. What I can't stand are the "firecracker in the anthill" threads. Things that are started only to get everyone riled up and the original poster never posts again...just stands back to watch the chaos.

Another thing that is completely obnoxious is when someone agrees with another person, they are referred to as a minion, soldier, etc. Sheesh, every bless-ed one of us is capable of independent thought. It is also not "ganging up" when a group of people think the same way. It's simply a group of people thinking the same way. To incinuate there is a leader who comes here to start something with the full intent to have a group of people lined up to agree with her is rude, mean, and belittling. SHAME on anyone who has made this type of accusation. *in bold for reply below

Every one of us has been slammed in one way or another on here. Some more than other, and some to harsher extents than others. No one person gets it more than anyone else, but some make a bigger issue out of it. Not that it's wrong, it's just why things seem one sided.

As to how to get it stopped, that's a hard one. Sometimes once the ball is rolling, it cannot be stopped. Moosebane has made desperate attempts to make ammends...all have gone unnoticed. Talk about rude, ignoring an apology (and one that is as obviously sincere as moosebanes), is the epitomy of rude, and I have said that on this site before. Another example is the "soldiers" reference. The original poster may have stopped saying it, but it has caught on and others have picked it up. I guess the way to stop it is to think before we speak.

*in bold by person in replying

When one person slaps someone, and another comes along and slaps the same person, followed by another, and another, those people are given the "label" of "soldier" or "minion" or "gang", it's termed as a "group, gang, soldiers, and minions if the others ONLY follow, never take the lead. If you were "raped" (and no, not suggesting, just using the word as an example) by a succession of persons, one following the other, the term "gang" raped is going to be said. "Minions" are people unwilling to be the LEADERS of the "attack", they are the followers, and maybe they do have independent thought, but they follow the leader. As for "thinking BEFORE we speak, That Rule would apply to the "followers", too. To ensure that we aren't "ganging up" on someone, whether we agree with the leader or not.

"You are ugly as sin.", (to use a previous example) said by one, should kindly, compassionately, considerately, well-mannered and caring NOT BE FOLLOWED by "ITA. You are ugly as sin." and then another and another with winks and bwahhahas and if you wouldn't do it IRL, why do it on this site?

If you wouldn't do it to the stranger at your door, who could be ... Jesus, but you wouldn't "know" Him, recognize Him, why, in your soul would you think it's okay to do it here? If that's a "loaded" question, sue me.

As for posting and not being here to respond.....sometimes I post and have to leave the computer, and may not be back for awhile. OMG is that possible??????? Is this another "rule" on M2M?

I'm leaving the site for awhile. Not angry, just busy at this time of year.

Uh...why do you think I was talking about you? You can come and go as you please. These are general comments about the site.

Now we're comparing being gang raped to "a certain poster" voicing her opinion and a few others coming along to agree with her. I can't even come up with a reply to that one.

Yes, I agree if someone tells me I'm ugly, and 19 people come along and embelish the remark, my feelings will probably get hurt, and it's uncalled for. However, the tantrum throwing I see is simply in disagreement of opinion, not verbal bashing.

However, I do find it interesting that it has come to light that using the term "minion" or "soldier" to verbally bash someone is acceptable, and, in fact, worthy of defending. As opposed to a "Oh, you're right, I never thought of it that way, I should stop doing that" type of comment, I instead receive, "I don't give a crap how you feel, I'm going to do it anyway cause I'm a right fighter and no matter how my words make others feel, I'm going to do it MY way."

Your contradictory post only got me to reply because of the hypocritical statement about treating the stranger at the door as though he were Jesus because you never know, he just might be. You defend your right to hurl insults and belittling remarks while all the while crying out to us to be like Jesus.
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby cnnplus5 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Ooohhhh, you're pregnant. You know, context is always good. Congratulations, Tasha, Luke & Bo!

you're pregnant?? Congrats!

You defend your right to hurl insults and belittling remarks while all the while crying out to us to be like Jesus.

I'll be your minion hotmomma :)
Love the Birch tree - a favorite of mine in New England fall scenery
http://www.thebestclean.vpweb.com
cnnplus5

Postby Neba on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:00 pm

cnnplus5 wrote:I'll be your minion hotmomma :)

I will not because every time I see the word "minion" it looks too much like onion, and I don't resemble anything that stinks.

Oh, and congrats to all the pregnant mommies coming out of the wood work!
"(Reverend Finley): Sometimes we must come full circle to find the truth. Why does that surprise you? (Scully): Mostly, it just makes me afraid. (Reverend Finley): Afraid? (Scully): Afraid that God is speaking... but that no one's listening." The X-Files
Neba

PreviousNext

Return to Questions about the site