advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

A change in Powermom and Giveaway rules

A change in Powermom and Giveaway rules

Postby mom2momkc on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:53 pm

A little m2m housekeeping/update:
As some of you have noticed, after the new year we changed the rules on Powermom and to read, "You can win Power Mom once every 12 months."
We also added "An individual can receive a reward only once every 12 months" to our Giveaway rules page.
Previously we stipulated that a member could win Powermom once every six months. We had no rules pertaining to frequency on the Giveaways.
Then we noticed that a few people were winning Powermom (and the Giveaways, even though they're randomly drawn!) several times within a year or two.
We just wanted to spread the love around, so to speak, so we changed the period in which you were eligible to win. Now more people will win stuff from us, which is a good thing!
Clear as mud?
Let me know if you have any questions.
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Re: A change in Powermom and Giveaway rules

Postby ProxyMom on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:56 pm

Thanks for the info -- I can already tell it's helping some of us determine whether we should slow down (or speed up) our postings. :D
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby mighty on Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks! Now, if I can just remember to enter for those free giveaways ...
mighty

Postby gematree on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Appreciate the answer, Kady. Thanks.

Now, can you answer the reason for the powermom thing? Seems to be a source of irritation to some. Why is it considered a "bad" ?
"I guess that's why we each need to make our own decisions based on the wisdom we have and the risks we want to take." Cnnplus5 9/01/09
gematree

Postby LNDofMOM on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Because some use it as a source of income, come every six months just to win a prize.

I think the new rule also makes exceptions for those that have recreated themselves in order to win again, or those that have multiple names for the drawings that all end up being the same person.
LNDofMOM

Postby gematree on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:05 pm

mom2H&G wrote:Because some use it as a source of income, come every six months just to win a prize.

I think the new rule also makes exceptions for those that have recreated themselves in order to win again, or those that have multiple names for the drawings that all end up being the same person.

Kady? This true?
"I guess that's why we each need to make our own decisions based on the wisdom we have and the risks we want to take." Cnnplus5 9/01/09
gematree

Postby hotmomma on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:54 pm

gematree wrote:
mom2H&G wrote:Because some use it as a source of income, come every six months just to win a prize.

Kady? This true?

I certainly hope so. Cheaters and scam artists are beyond self centered and will one day have to answer for their deceitful way of life.
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby LNDofMOM on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:21 am

mom2H&G wrote:I think the new rule also makes exceptions for those that have recreated themselves in order to win again, or those that have multiple names for the drawings that all end up being the same person.

I need to reword myself that sounded really quite hateful, and I don't edit posts that people have read.

I believe and hope the new rule will lay to rest those who sign up under multiple names to win a prize. And I think the new rule is designed for those like me who changed their username. Not necessarily to win more, but because I wanted to, it would be unfair of me to be eligible once again on a technicality that my username was different. And I really hope this puts an end of the every six months posters come out of the woodwork just to get a gift certificate, posting never ending cut and paste jokes and LOL and ROFLMAO on every single post just to win a prize. It is not fair to those of us that truly want to communicate with each other.
LNDofMOM

Postby mom2momkc on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 am

oh my goodness, guys!
Here's the answer: currently you will not win a prize more than once every 12 months, no matter how many times you change your username. I have to mail the prize to you under your real name at your home address. We keep track of everyone who has won and we would know if we were being scammed! ;)
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Postby mom2momkc on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:21 am

Oh, and to answer another question: we want to encourage participation on our site. It's that simple.
An active site is a happy site.
Thus our Powermom designation was set up. As it says on the Powermom rules: "Thank you to all moms who contribute comments, blog postings, photos and more to Mom2Mom (1 point awarded for each contribution). You make it go! This Power Moms list recognizes the most frequent contributors by their usernames and the number of their contributions each month."
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Next

Return to Questions about the site