advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Power Mom

Power Mom

Postby fibromom on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 am

The power mom numbers are really low. Looking at them and wondering why yesterday I had only one when I had started a topic and commented on it several times. Today I only have credit for two. So I am thinking how can that be correct when I have been chatting with several other moms over what we would like to see it the sight. Counting my original post and reponses to others I have 12. So how does this power mom thing work. I thought if you post anything it counts. What is going on here. I wonder how many other post are not being counted.
fibromom

Re: Power Mom

Postby sashamae on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Maybe it isn't working correctly right now? Maybe right now it is only counting blog posts and comments. I noticed it the other day that it only seemed to be updating for blog entries and not for anything else like it use to. Could just be a bug though, however I am guessing that you won't get much of an answer for the question from anyone either. Sorry :(
sashamae

Postby fibromom on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:35 pm

sashamae wrote:Maybe it isn't working correctly right now? Maybe right now it is only counting blog posts and comments. I noticed it the other day that it only seemed to be updating for blog entries and not for anything else like it use to. Could just be a bug though, however I am guessing that you won't get much of an answer for the question from anyone either. Sorry :(

I don't imagine I will. I just thought that the moms who were on the site and looking at the power mom section would want to be aware that some thing is fishy.
fibromom

Postby honeypie on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 am

It seems that sometimes it takes 24 hours to refresh.
Cupcakes, my favorite food group
honeypie

Postby fibromom on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:55 am

honeypie wrote:It seems that sometimes it takes 24 hours to refresh.

I know, when I used to post a lot I could see my numbers going up. I never wondered how it worked. Heck, maybe Kady used to count them all, and now she isn't doing it. I just see that I still have only 2 post for the month and I posted again yesterday, so I should have at least 13 or 14. So that probably also means that the rest of the numbers are wrong and there probably won't be a power mom for January. I can't remember if Kady already said there wouldn't. I just remember there won't be a question of the week for a while.

I just know that for this month the numbers are wrong, and if the Star continues with the site and continues with power mom we should be able to win more than once a year.
fibromom

Postby mighty on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Does the Star have an ombudsman to handle questions and complaints? Since Kady is leaving, there may not be a moderator in here to check on the Power Mom section. This issue may not be very important to the Star, but in all fairness, it's important to us.
mighty

Postby fibromom on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 pm

mighty wrote:Does the Star have an ombudsman to handle questions and complaints? Since Kady is leaving, there may not be a moderator in here to check on the Power Mom section. This issue may not be very important to the Star, but in all fairness, it's important to us.

I suppose that depends on whether they are looking to replace Kady. They may shut the whole site down.
Hopefully someone from The Star will chime in soon.
fibromom

Return to Questions about the site