advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Does Anyone Sell Avon Anymore?

Does Anyone Sell Avon Anymore?

Postby AbbynTylersMom on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Just out of curiosity, are there many Avon reps out there? I have been considering selling after the first of the year and want to have some facts from others in the area. If anyone has any info, I would love to know more. :)
AbbynTylersMom

Re: Does Anyone Sell Avon Anymore?

Postby hotmomma on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:57 pm

I don't but we have a catalog in our driveway several times a year.
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby LNDofMOM on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:59 pm

I don't know many avon ladies except for ladies that used to sell at work. I thought it was pretty cool that there is a avon store in Independence.
LNDofMOM

Postby kcjayhawker6 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:02 pm

One in KCK too. Most have gone to selling online
kcjayhawker6

Postby mamalackey on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:03 pm

I just got my first Avon book in years last night and I'm so tickled!!! (I seriously need to get out more!)

I won't "out" my Avon lady--she'll probably pop up here soon, though.
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Postby mrsbluebear on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:11 pm

My mom is an Avon Lady. :)

I have one of my grandma's Alby awards in her memory.
mrsbluebear

Postby sashamae on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:15 pm

I use to sell until I stoped working full time earlier this year. (Hard to sell if you don't see people to sell to). I also had a hard time with I would sample more than what I would sell, so it was a great tax write off for us since I always lost money at it!! But didn't think it was the best way to go.

It is a fun thing to do and since there are not as many Avon Ladies around as there use to be people seem to be happy when they find a good one!

It is true that there is a lot of selling that takes place on line, but you can get credit for that if it is your customer and they link through your site. It actually works out better for the customer if the go through you though, because then shipping and handling is only $0.75 instead of a normal cost!

I'm sure there are some ladies out there that are currently selling (I haven't sold for 10 mths now) and I bet they would love to help you get started.

Good luck!!! :)
sashamae

Postby JENHARP on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:30 pm

i used to sell Avon also. For over a year. I gave it a year and made a profit but not much maybe 20-30 dollars every two weeks. But time i got done buy books and samples my profit was gone. I loved selling it (getting the discount for my personal items) But it was a pain in the butt. Spending days stamping the books then dragging the kids out to pass out books (sometimes never got one order) Then having to chase people down to deliever their stuff. It wasn't worth it to me. When I started spending more then I was making I was OUT.

I've been selling tupperware for almost a year now. Cost more than 10.00 to start but I LOVE IT. I do maybe 1 party a week but I also make around 200.00 off that party. I could be making more but I don't want to be booked all week. I have several book parties going on right now. And I get to restock all my cabinets with new items. you have to buy books every 3 months $8.00. Not bad at all.

Anyone intrested let me know I have books waiting and they have GREAT hoilday stuff in them.

If anyone is in blue springs and sells AVON let me know I would love to get a book. I purchase a lot of stocking stuffers out of it. And they have some cool stuff around this time of year. I'd rather give the commision to an Indep rep then the store in Independence
JENHARP

Postby AbbynTylersMom on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Thanks for the info! Still looking for a bit more though! So keep it coming... Just wanting to make a good, educated decision before I make a commitment.
AbbynTylersMom

Postby valeriepwp on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:02 pm

My SIL sells
valeriepwp

Next

Return to Work-from-home moms