advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Help! Need a gift idea

Help! Need a gift idea

Postby mighty on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Does anyone know what's an appropriate gift for a young man earning his Eagle scout award? I have a relative receiving this award soon. He's worked very hard, and I want to give him something, but don't know what's traditionally given. Little help?
mighty

Re: Help! Need a gift idea

Postby mythreesons on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:16 pm

What about anything that is eagle themed? An eagle statue perhaps.....Maybe check out the boy scouts of america website for ideas or maybe they have an online store to browse through....good luck!!
"What matters in life is how much you loved, how gently you lived and how you gracefully let go of things that are not meant for you."
mythreesons

Postby mamalackey on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:00 am

The new Eagle Scout will have done some big service project. Perhaps a small donation to the organization he helped in addition to a keepsake?
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Postby tappankenya on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:55 am

I think that the boy scouts of America has hundreds of Eagle themed items many of which can be purchased at the local council office or on its website.
_______
Murano Glass
tappankenya

Postby mighty on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks ladies! Great ideas! And more power to all the scouts out there working so hard on attaining Eagle status.
mighty

Postby mamalackey on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 am

mighty wrote:Thanks ladies! Great ideas! And more power to all the scouts out there working so hard on attaining Eagle status.

What have you decided on?
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Postby JayhawkKaty on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:37 am

I'm late in answering, but I spoke with my husband, who is an Eagle Scout and also a Scout leader. He said there are all kinds of things that you can get from the Scout store or online. They have special scarf slides, special scarves, belt buckles, plaques, etc. There's an online store at http://www.scoutstuff.org that has lots of good items, even watches and other gifts. Good luck!
Katy
DS - 11
DD - 6
JayhawkKaty

Postby soccerscouts on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 pm

I would go to the Scout shop located at the northwest corner of 435 and Holmes. They have lots of Eagle award gifts in a variety of price ranges. I have given Eagle insignia-embossed leather notebooks to both of my nephews. As a Scout leader myself, I have seen gifts ranging from college hoodies to an Eagle paperweight to pocketknives to plaques to watches.
soccerscouts

Postby hotmomma on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Money. Seriously. Give money.
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby mighty on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:39 pm

mamalackey wrote:
mighty wrote:Thanks ladies! Great ideas! And more power to all the scouts out there working so hard on attaining Eagle status.

What have you decided on?

I'm thinking a cash gift for him, and a plaque at the place where he did his project (I'll have to check with the location to see if a plaque is ok with them). What do you think?
mighty

Return to Gifts and gift-giving