advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

My husband the Idiot (rant)

Re: My husband the Idiot (rant)

Postby pmonkeefan on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:27 pm

cnnplus5 wrote:and trish's husband...I think it's cool that you are taking over for Trish while she is sick, but I think taking over her m2m account, by dragging up old threads is...well...kinda weird. Do you always peruse this board?

Just so that everyone is clear, I knew DH was posting under my name. I told him as long as he identified himself I didn't care. I've been passed out on the couch about 80% of the day today. He decided after the responses to create his own account.

Now, I'm going back to my box of kleenex.
[/url]
pmonkeefan

Postby seeingdouble on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:29 pm

ProxyMom wrote:ITA. I taught DS to call DH's mom the 'C' word. I thought it was hilarious -- and he got soo mad. I was like, "Whatever, I'm a parent too -- and it's DARNED funny. Don't go stomping off! Come back here -- you can teach him some names too!!!"

Thank you for agreeing with me.

That was awesome! I needed a good cackle tonight. Thanks for helping me out.
Momma to
2 DDs- born 1-19-07
seeingdouble

Postby seabiscuit on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:17 pm

Ahhh Wayne. I appreciate your viewpoints and everything you're doing for Trish this week. And she has spoken up about how awesome a father you've been since the baby was born - very cool. So I'm trying to figure out why you rub me so wrong on this issue. Maybe it's because you describe your points as exeedingly simple or that you see so many obvious points that you need to address - I don't know.

Maybe the problem is you've addressed this issue of Puela's as her problem - kinda like blaming the victim in my opinion, when really the problem is his. Just think what would've happened if the husband said, "Oh Hon, I'm sorry. I got around the guys and we were being stupid. It's not okay to say bitch, unless you're at Westminster, and unless our son is showing Bill Cosby's cocker spaniel, I don't want him to think that it is." Situation over.

Why do men sometimes hang on so tight when they are wrong? Not only PP's husband, but you as well Wayne, for defending him.

I laugh at all kinds of inappropriate things - The Hangover, for instance, what wasn't inappropriate with the baby in that movie, yet I was rolling. However, parenting is cooperation. If one parent was obviously upset at what was happening, then other parent, don't be a jerk. Wives are not the only ones who can be caught up in being right. Husbands do it too, and occassionally they must be big enough to say they screwed up and apologize.
That's a gen-u-ine PillowPet. A puppy's never had it so good!
seabiscuit

Postby Sugar Mama on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:42 pm

You mean Carlos?
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby seabiscuit on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Sugar Mama wrote:You mean Carlos?

Okay, I might have laughed harder than I ever laughed before. But while they didn't have Carlos safely buckled in, at least they weren't teaching him to say bitch! :D
That's a gen-u-ine PillowPet. A puppy's never had it so good!
seabiscuit

Postby Sugar Mama on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:49 pm

"Not at the table, Carlos!"
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby MegaDad on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:42 am

seabiscuit wrote:Why do men sometimes hang on so tight when they are wrong? Not only PP's husband, but you as well Wayne, for defending him.

That's an easy one: Because we think we're right. Remember when I said earlier... "I may take some flack on this site for saying it, but it's my MALE opinion that when a woman can't convince somebody of something, it is almost unfathomable to them that there is an alternative interpretation of the facts."

However, parenting is cooperation. If one parent was obviously upset at what was happening, then other parent, don't be a jerk. Wives are not the only ones who can be caught up in being right. Husbands do it too, and occassionally they must be big enough to say they screwed up and apologize.

I can't agree more. I'm really not trying to defend him except that I agree with him that she was over reacting. I don't agree with teaching the kid the word but I do understand his reaction. I'd be in hot water with Trish if I did that with our son as well, but nobody would end up at the library, and I would heed to my partner's wishes.

Wayne
MegaDad

Postby cnnplus5 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:15 am

He decided after the responses to create his own account.

oh yippee, another Dad trying to make it on a moms board..
Love the Birch tree - a favorite of mine in New England fall scenery
http://www.thebestclean.vpweb.com
cnnplus5

Postby frizzed on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:01 am

cnnplus5 wrote:
He decided after the responses to create his own account.

oh yippee, another Dad trying to make it on a moms board..

Not just a dad...a SOFTWARE ENGINEER! I guess the door was opened when Mr. Stinky Feet became a regular blogger. Really Trish's Husband, this is your first kid, he is a newborn, so you really have no idea of what is to come, really you don't. You can have all the nieces and nephews and babysit a 1000 kids but until you have your own and experience it first hand, you have no idea.

As for the issue at hand, it is unacceptable to teach your kids that kind of language. Sure, it may be somewhat funny at home but get him out in the real world, at daycare maybe, that word comes out and you will be guaranteed a call! Her son is young now so if it isn't continually brought up, he will forget it but he is close the age where it will be harder for him to forget.
If you are gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
frizzed

Postby dollarfifty on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 am

Whew, glad I didn't post about my DH yesterday.
Or, maybe I should have. :?:
No, I'm glad I didn't. It might not have been a 'just between me and my MOM friends' rant.
Dang, and it was a good one too.
I'm so far behind I think I'm first.
dollarfifty

PreviousNext

Return to Dad talk