advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

My husband the Idiot (rant)

My husband the Idiot (rant)

Postby PulchraPuella on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:32 pm

:evil: Would someone please be so kind as to explain to me how the hell I am supposed to raise my son correctly when his idiot of a father thinks it's funny to teach him words like 'b*tch'? :evil:

I swear, that man has no brain in his head, and absolutely no respect for me! When I got mad at him after I heard that word come out of our 20 month old son's mouth, he wondered why. He sat there, looking at me, laughing at our son, and told me I was overreacting. I was so pissed I simply didn't know what to do. So I left for a while to cool off, and now he's at home, angry at me for leaving. (I'm at the public library. I find it soothing.) At this point, I don't want to go home because I know that he won't listen to, understand, or respect my decision, and all we're going to do is get into a big fight before he eventually sinks into a little-boy sulk and refuses to discuss the matter any further.

I wonder daily why I ever married this man.

PulchraPuella

Re: My husband the Idiot (rant)

Postby siglercentral on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:46 pm

:shock: oh man!

Want to hear some good news? He IS only 20 mo. old. He'll forget it as fast as he's learned it. DS learned the "s" word from my mom when he was in the tub while she was curling her hair and managed to burn her forehead and hand at the same time. He was probably a bit over 2 yrs. He doesn't walk around dropping that word.
Adrienne S.
That electronic pressure cooker... so pretty, so nice, so easy, so yummy!
siglercentral

Postby PulchraPuella on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:04 pm

I did go home. I guess we're skipping the fight and going straight to the not-talking-about-it.

PulchraPuella

Postby cnnplus5 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 pm

ouch. yeah, not good. sigler is right - he won't remember hopefully, unless dad continues the lessons! :)
Love the Birch tree - a favorite of mine in New England fall scenery
http://www.thebestclean.vpweb.com
cnnplus5

Postby Mi_Amors on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Ohhh and what a word to choose too. I think you should slip some soap in daddys mouth :D
Blessed to have my own 2 pieces of perfection.
Mi_Amors

Postby dollarfifty on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Can't live with, can't live without.....isn't that how the saying goes????
MEN

They can be so rude and crude. Maybe next time book a hotel room for a night and enjoy yourself.
When my DH saw me pack a bag and my son (many years ago) he changed his tune. Not that it is perfect, but waaay better than it was then.
And don't worry about the swearing, a kid listens to his mommy more than his dad.
hope all works out for you. :D
I'm so far behind I think I'm first.
dollarfifty

Postby gematree on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:29 pm

Not funny. But, here's how the other side can work. My brother and Sil were hooked on calling each other, respectively, Sh*thead and *sshole. No thought as to their 3 yr old listening to these repeated names. One morning, my brother was leaving for work, and as he turned to wave goodbye to his ds, he heard, "Bye, bye Sh*thead." The people who were out doing their early morning routine walk, laughed out loud while my brother was soooo embarassed, he just crawled into the car and left. That night, when Sil went to pick up their ds from the sitter, ds greeted her with, "Hi *sshole!", which she was of course mortified by the embarassing name from her own kid. Guess what they had to do? Live with it. My 3 yr old nephew thought it was funny and wouldn't stop. When dad & mom threatened to spank him, he cried, he didn't understand what he had done wrong, those were the names they called each other. Telling this story to my mom later that week, my mom threatened to spank my brother (in his early 30s at the time) if he laid one hand on that kid. She thought they deserved what they had "taught". Nephew doesn't remember it now, but everyone who knows the story does!! LOL
The idea: Teach your son to call "daddy" a b*tch. When you laugh and think it's funny at "daddy", it might change "daddy's point of view". Nothing like having your kid call you "B*tch" in front of your macho buddies, huh!
"Hey, son, want to have fun with Daddy? Daddy gets a mean face when you call him, (fill in the blank). See mommy's face, it's funny when you call daddy a b*tch! lol Daddy's a b*tch! hahahaha Call daddy a b*tch when he gets home tonight. Okay"
Then take a piece of paper, write the words, I don't get mad, I get even, and hand it to Dad after son calls him the name.

Sometimes men don't get the point until it goes completely through their head and out the other side. But spears are hard to find at K-Mart. :roll:
"I guess that's why we each need to make our own decisions based on the wisdom we have and the risks we want to take." Cnnplus5 9/01/09
gematree

Postby honeypie on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:20 pm

One little boy quoted his dad "Is that guy the a$$hole?"--at church. It was already quiet and got even quieter.
Cupcakes, my favorite food group
honeypie

Postby Mama_Ange on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:24 pm

firsttimemommy wrote::evil: Would someone please be so kind as to explain to me how the hell I am supposed to raise my son correctly when his idiot of a father thinks it's funny to teach him words like 'b*tch'? :evil:

I swear, that man has no brain in his head, and absolutely no respect for me! When I got mad at him after I heard that word come out of our 20 month old son's mouth, he wondered why. He sat there, looking at me, laughing at our son, and told me I was overreacting. I was so pissed I simply didn't know what to do. So I left for a while to cool off, and now he's at home, angry at me for leaving. (I'm at the public library. I find it soothing.) At this point, I don't want to go home because I know that he won't listen to, understand, or respect my decision, and all we're going to do is get into a big fight before he eventually sinks into a little-boy sulk and refuses to discuss the matter any further.

I wonder daily why I ever married this man.

This must be my letter, written 35 years ago. Good luck, Hon.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the Devil says,
"OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!"
http://traynorpiano.com/
http://angelahowdidyoudothat.blogspot.com/2010/06/whoa-blog-me.html
************************************************-
http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp?id=mamaange
Mama_Ange

Postby moosebane on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:03 am

Oh, brother. What did your DH grow up hearing? I had to let my DH find out the hard way about one of his idiotic "policies." Nothing to do with language, but he decided that it was more important for the kids to play outside after school while it was still light out, than to come home and do their homework. I disagreed; I believed they should get school work done and THEN reward themselves with being outdoors before dark, but I was basically shouted down. Now my son, the HS junior, is in summer school because he has lousy study habits (as in, none at all) and has to make up credits so he can graduate. Both my kids claim to "hate" school, and they are not the most studious kids going, but they've come to realize (hopefully not too late) how important finishing homework is. DH has not stopped apologizing for this. He's figured out what the saying "you reap what you sow" actually means.

Eventually, when your son gets older and has nothing but smart-mouth comments to make, your DH will see the error of his ways. Poetic justice would be if you could find an older kid whose father was like that and let DH see how he interacts with his parents and other adults. Either way, definitely continue to teach your son the proper way to speak to people. Some words are unacceptable, and that's one of them.
moosebane

Next

Return to Dad talk