advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

"Pampering" my baby--or should we Huggie?

What's the best diaper for 12 mos and under?

Huggies
40%
Pampers
32%
Luvs
8%
Other
20%

Total votes : 25

Re: "Pampering" my baby--or should we Huggie?

Postby epv5 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:57 pm

I was a big Pampers fan as well.
epv5

Postby PulchraPuella on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm big on the "live and learn and then get Luvs". Maybe it's different at other stores, but at the store I shop at, Luvs is cheaper than Pampers or Huggies. I HATE Parent's Choice! Never mind the leaks, the inside of those diapers is so rough!

PulchraPuella

Postby seabiscuit on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:18 pm

This is a very important question you bring up MaggieS! And though I admire and respect Hotmomma and Teenymom, they are both arse backwards on this! :P

To me, it's a matter of tape. Both brands do well with leaks and holding LOTS of well, waste, but pampers uses sticky tape and Huggies uses more of a velcro tape. When you have to do a change in the middle of the night, who needs the hassle of trying to unstick tape? Even to the point of having to rip the diaper? I like the velcro fasteners. They are SO much easier to loosen for a change. Just my two cents :D
That's a gen-u-ine PillowPet. A puppy's never had it so good!
seabiscuit

Postby sassymom on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:38 pm

I have to say PAMPERS!!! We tried generic with our first loved them then the store stopped selling them. We later found out they were made by pampers. We used Pampers swadlers, then cruizers when they were bigger. We tried Luvs and Huggies too. They were too bulky and between the legs was to wide so they bunched. Pampers don't do the bunching thing. Used them with all 4 of my kids. Oh wait I still use them at night for my 3 yr old!!
sassymom

Postby Mi_Amors on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:01 pm

Huggie supreme are my absolute favorite. Pampers just dont fit right and they leak like the supremes over just the regular huggies too.
Blessed to have my own 2 pieces of perfection.
Mi_Amors

Postby ProxyMom on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:25 pm

mom2three wrote:I was a Huggies mom personally. I always thought Pampers smelled too weird ;)

Ditto. I couldn't take the smell.
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby Bug'smom on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:41 pm

I always had to switch to cloth diapers with my kids and their sensitive lil butts. I look back now...a long way back, and I think cloth was the best thing to do for them. Made potty training alot easier too!
You just can't be sad around Gerbera daisies!!
They're such a happy flower!

Censorship sucks
Bug'smom

Postby mmcconnell429 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:31 am

We have used Huggies, Pampers, generic Target, and generic Hy-Vee. I liked all of them and you can get the target and Hy-Vee brands cheap. I couldn't use Luvs because of the chemical smell.

Mindy
mmcconnell429

Postby hotmomma on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:45 am

seabiscuit wrote:This is a very important question you bring up MaggieS! And though I admire and respect Hotmomma and Teenymom, they are both arse backwards on this! :P

To me, it's a matter of tape. Both brands do well with leaks and holding LOTS of well, waste, but pampers uses sticky tape and Huggies uses more of a velcro tape. When you have to do a change in the middle of the night, who needs the hassle of trying to unstick tape? Even to the point of having to rip the diaper? I like the velcro fasteners. They are SO much easier to loosen for a change. Just my two cents :D

Pampers Swaddlers uses velcro.

Swaddlers are MUCH different than Baby-Dry.
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby neyners on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:11 am

Loved Pampers Swaddlers!! :D
neyners

PreviousNext

Return to Pampering myself