advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Snow-snow-snow-snow-snow

Snow-snow-snow-snow-snow

Postby mighty on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm

What does your family do when it snows this much? Go sledding? Shovel (a lot)? Curl up with a good book/board game/movie? Make snow men and have snowball fights? Make snow ice cream?

We call relatives and older neighbors to make sure they're ok. Then we shovel, take a hot cocoa break, and go shovel some more. When our kids were younger, we'd bundle everyone up and go sledding and playing outside.

What do you all do?
mighty

Re: Snow-snow-snow-snow-snow

Postby honeypie on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 am

When our kids were younger we would shovel, sled, make a fort and snowball fight, and make snow men. Now our son calls and tells us its 85 degrees and he's at the beach, our daughter is enjoying a college snow day and we are camped out inside.DH shoveled, I cooked, finished a couple of books and did a jigsaw puzzle. We have at least two snow days to make up and looks like more this week!
Cupcakes, my favorite food group
honeypie

Postby battlefieldmomma on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:06 pm

We mostly let the dogs in/out (or so it seemed). My teenagers had no desire to play in the snow. I was disappointed. I took the dogs out into the backyard each day to play & take pictures. One dog had snow up to her belly, but she kept hopping around. Daughter did help shovel the front & back, and a neighbor plowed our driveway (!!!!).

I bought popcorn for the next round. And, I plan to make a giant pot of soup.
battlefieldmomma

Postby pmonkeefan on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:47 am

We've been couch potatoes. I keep asking the kid if he wants to go out, he says no. So we end up watching a DVD, or something. Then he'll decide at 9pm he wants to go out. :roll: I'm still hoping that today after my dr. appt. he'll decide to stay outside and play a bit.
[/url]
pmonkeefan

Postby battlefieldmomma on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Second round of snow brought totally different activity - I guess even the kids were bored with staying inside.

They took their snow shovels & knocked on doors to shovel driveways, and then hooked up with our neighbors & built a 6ft snowman & a giant snow fort. All in one day.
battlefieldmomma

Return to Current events