advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

How did your guy do last night?

How did your guy do last night?

Postby mom2momkc on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:36 am

Did your candidate win or lose the election last night? I'm talking presidential, but also wondering how other candidates you supported fared.
Has your Facebook & Twitter been exploding, too?
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Re: How did your guy do last night?

Postby vengholm on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:43 am

All my "guys" won! Obama, McCaskill, Nixon, Cleaver. I'm sad that the cigarette tax didn't go through. I'm disappointed that that Missouri voted to ban the health care exchange. Overall, I woke up this morning happy!
"Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours." - Swedish Proverb
vengholm

Postby battlefieldmomma on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:57 am

Overall, pretty happy. Some disappointments locally, but....

What surprised me was the pro-pot vote in Colorado & Washington State.

And Puerto Rico voting for statehood.
battlefieldmomma

Postby mighty on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:13 am

Overall, I'm happy with the results. I'm frustrated, though, with how hard it's been for me to find out the results of local elections in Johnson County. They weren't on TV, and I had to use Google to learn who my new rep. to Topeka will be.
mighty

Postby mygr8crew on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 am

I woke up happy this morning-but like Val, I am disappointed that Prop B didn't get approved. It is hard for me to understand how we can put the price of cigarettes above the quality of education and health care.

I am interested to see what the future will bring now that Colorado and Washington legalized pot. I am hoping that it will bring some serious discussion about federal legalization. I will probably be flamed for this, but I have always believed regulating it would be beneficial to our economy.

I have been watching Facebook with interest and some of the backlash comments about Obama's win that are being made by the conservatives are almost offensive. I truly believed we dodged a bullet by several of the victories, especially when it comes to women's rights, keeping unions strong and the continuation of the US Postal Service as a quasi-government agency and not privatized as the Republican platform's agenda stated.
Susan
Proud Mom to
Taylor, 18
Grace, 16
Gabe, 14
Simon, 12

"Whatever your fight, don't be ladylike!" Mother Jones

http://fiftytwoweeksofme.wordpress.com/
mygr8crew

Postby JayhawkKaty on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 pm

I went to bed happy and woke up in a very good mood! I just hope that all of the people we have elected can come together to make an effective change for our country.
Katy
DS - 11
DD - 6
JayhawkKaty

Postby mommof4 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:42 pm

My guy won and I woke up happy. But I am a Mormon girl with lots of Mormon friends and my facebook absolutely exploded. Mostly respectful but lots of dissapointed friends.
mommof4

Return to Current events