advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

I Bought Purple Pants. Now What?

I Bought Purple Pants. Now What?

Postby seeingdouble on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:09 am

Any ideas for what to wear with plum-colored cords? In an effort to add some color to my wardrobe, I bought a pair last week. Fall fashion is all about the berry colors. Or so I read somewhere. I also bought a plum-colored long-sleeve print top and a plum-colored cord jacket. But I bought those two items to wear with jeans. I'm afraid that if I wear the three together I will look like Grimace Jr. Or the Purple People-Eater. Or the Grape Ape.

So ... what colors complement plum pants? And what shoes do I wear? Should I just return them and admit defeat?
Momma to
2 DDs- born 1-19-07
seeingdouble

Re: I Bought Purple Pants. Now What?

Postby mim'smom on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:13 am

Oh you sound like me. One year I bought red velvet pants. They were wonderful. I'd pair plum with cream and brown. Def. dont wear the pulm shirt and jacket. Or you could do the shirt if you have a cream vest or jacket- something to break it up. Everyone has these colors right now so you should be able to find somthing. Khols, this weekend, had some really pretty brown and plum shirts and some others with those colors and orange and fushia- but in a good way. Let me know what you end up with!
Katie
Mom to Marin
mim'smom

Postby moosebane on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:14 am

The print shirt should be okay, but I'd leave off the purple jacket with the purple pants. You can always go with white, or various other prints that incorporate the plum color. Good luck! I had a pair of burgundy cords once. I had exactly one shirt I could wear with them. Oh, well!
moosebane

Postby mom2twinboys on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 am

I would pair it with either a white or black shirt. You can add some cute accessories to incorporate or compliment the plum color if you want to. Also, a cute pair of black boots with a little heal....

I get in a rut - love my black, white, brown, and gray clothes. Maybe once I get back down to my goal weight I can start wearing some fun clothes again!
mom2twinboys

Postby ProxyMom on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:37 am

I agree with using black. DD wore a plum dress yesterday with some black tights and she looked like a hipster witch. Made me want to add some purple to my wardrobe.
DSD 11 / DD 5 / DS 3

"The problem with you is you're completely delusional" Phineas Flynn
ProxyMom

Location: Sitting at my homemade tinfoil table, wondering why the "popular girls" keep staring at me

Postby momonnet on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:16 am

how about a off white shirt
momonnet

Postby B2mom on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:19 am

or even a light pink top would work.....I like the idea of a print or stripe shirt with plum in it.
Mom to 2
B2mom

Postby sahmiam43 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:44 am

If I were you I would pair them with a bright red sweater and yellow accessories-- then come on over here so I can take a new pic for your avatar. lol... kidding-- plum is a great color and I bet you will find you have more that matches them than you think. Everything that has been mentioned ( except by me)... and you have a classic style so you can't go wrong with a cardigan set in black, brown, or cream.
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

But wait! There's more! For the low price of a clickity click click,click...
http://thehistorychicks.com/
http://sahmiam43.blogspot.com
sahmiam43

Postby LNDofMOM on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:51 am

or gold, a light gold. Or cream. Purple pants sound fun.
LNDofMOM

Postby hotmomma on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:58 am

I cannot BELIEVE no one has suggested the very simple answer to this, but seriously...I mean duh...get a shirt with a powercat on it!!
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Next

Return to Beauty and fashion