advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

I swear if I had this pregnancy first, we'd only have 1 kid

I swear if I had this pregnancy first, we'd only have 1 kid

Postby pmonkeefan on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 pm

With the first kid, my pregnancy was a cake walk. Aside from gestational diabetes (which was fully diet controlled,) and dizzy spells if I stood too long in the heat, I had an easy pregnancy and labor. Even the nurses couldn't believe it when I was up the next morning at 8am showered, dressed, and even some make up on.

This kid, not so much. I have gestational again (diet controlled again,) morning sickness and fatigue were constant for the first trimester, I had to be medicated for gas so bad it felt like a heart attack, I had a benign but aggressive growing tumor removed as soon as I entered my 2nd trimester, back pain so bad I've gone into the ER twice, he's measuring SIX weeks ahead now, and now I've been having bouts of HARD false labor. So intense, I don't see how I'm NOT in labor, and yet every time we go in, I'm sent home. This after having contractions 7 mins or less apart for more than an hour. Last night, it started at midnight and it was 7am before I got relief. It's usually coupled with intense back pain. It seems like every time I turn around there is something new going wrong or hurting. The only bright health spot is that I somehow managed to miss out on getting even a cold this winter, even though the husband got the flu, bronchitis, and a sinus infection since Christmas.

Since he's measuring so big, 41 weeks and I'm only 35, I'm going to have an amnio done. Assuming his lungs are developed and he's healthy, we're going to induce early. I'm not going to lie, a big part of me is relieved at the idea of not being pregnant anymore. Which was something I was looking forward to while we were trying for this one. Barring any life altering conversations, we've decided this is going to be it. I won't be pregnant again. Sucks, because the 3rd trimester was my favorite time the first time around, even when I was due in days I was never uncomfortable. I enjoy watching the rolls in my stomach, even the hard kicks to the same spot over and over were fun to feel. I had said at the end of my last pregnancy that if it weren't for giving the baby up at the end, I'd be an awesome surrogate. Guess the universe is making me eat those words.
[/url]
pmonkeefan

Re: I swear if I had this pregnancy first, we'd only have 1 kid

Postby mamalackey on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:59 pm

I hope this baby is healthy and you have an easy birth to make up for the difficult pregnancy.

Congratulations! :)
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Postby mighty on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear you're having it rough this time, and praying for an easy delivery for you both. Every child is different.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't decide too quickly if this will be your last pregnancy. I'd wait until seeing this baby to make up my mind.

Best of luck to you both!
mighty

Postby sahmiam43 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Just like kids, all pregnancies are different. And, just like kids, an easy pregnancy doesn't necessarily mean an easy baby. Sorry you have had such a hard time this go around- it sounds miserable! (And it sounds like you are ready for this little guy to make his entrance! )

Happy birthday, whenever it happens!
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

But wait! There's more! For the low price of a clickity click click,click...
http://thehistorychicks.com/
http://sahmiam43.blogspot.com
sahmiam43

Return to Pregnancy, labor and delivery