advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Oven-Baked Chicken Fingers With Honey Mustard

Postby mom2momkc on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 am

I'm always looking for ways to bake healthy chicken strips for my boys, and this recipe with panko crumbs fits the bill pretty well. They were inhaled by my family!

Serves 4

1 lb chicken cutlet, pounded thin and cut into strips (I've skipped the pounding thin part & they were fine!)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups panko crumbs
1/2- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons garlic powder
4 teaspoons salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the beaten egg on one plate or shallow bowl for breading. Mix the panko and Parmesan and put mixture on another plate.

For each chicken strip, dip it first in the egg, and then in the panko/Parm mixture, and place it on a wire rack over a baking sheet (like what you would use to cool cookies). If you don’t have a rack, just place the chicken directly on a baking sheet, but you will need to turn them halfway through baking.
Sprinkle the garlic powder and salt across the chicken fingers. (I just mixed the garlic salt in with the panko and skipped the regular salt.)
Bake the chicken fingers for about 10 minutes, and then increase the heat to 450 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes.
Serve warm, with honey mustard.
For the honey mustard:
2/3 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
4 tbsp mustard
4 tbsp honey
Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard and honey, and serve immediately or chill until ready to use.
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Re: Oven-Baked Chicken Fingers With Honey Mustard

Postby mediamom on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 pm

I tried this without using the eggs- I dipped the chicken in the honey mustard sauce and then breaded it- of course, you'll need another batch of honey mustard for dipping, but it was delicious!
mediamom

Return to Recipes, meals and snacks