advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Almost Outback's Potato Soup

Almost Outback's Potato Soup

Postby pmonkeefan on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 pm

I found this on Pintrest, and in the last cold snap I made it, along beer cheese soup for the husband, and it was awesome. It was even better the next day. Here's the link, but I'll put the actual recipe after the link. http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogs ... on-me.html

1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns {I used Ore Ida}

3 14oz. cans of chicken broth

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1/2 cup onion, chopped

1/4 tsp. ground pepper Also, you'll want to add salt, it doesn't call for it, but it was pretty bland until I added it. If you're trying to cut back on it since most of this is canned/frozen you might just want to put it on the table and add it into each bowl to taste.

1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free. It WON’T melt!!!} It took forever to melt, way past the 1 hr mark the recipe says. I would cube it and make sure it's nice and room temp before adding it. Maybe even a few seconds in a microwave.

In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted.

I fried up some chopped bacon and added it, with sharp shredded cheddar cheese on top, I think that is what "made" it. I think at Outback they also put chopped green onion on it. This wasn't an exact match, but it was pretty damn close. I love their soup and it's the only place I'll order soup AND salad with a meal.
[/url]
pmonkeefan

Re: Almost Outback's Potato Soup

Postby honeypie on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:02 am

This sounds really good. I would have to halve it for the two of us. Thanks for sharing.
Cupcakes, my favorite food group
honeypie

Return to Recipes, meals and snacks