advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Slutty Brownies

Slutty Brownies

Postby mom2momkc on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:07 pm

I don't know why these are named "slutty" brownies, but I discovered them this past summer after a co-worker brought me one (thanks, Jenee!). Apparently they've been all over Pinterest. And my kids LOVED them. Of course they are not at all good for you, but whatever. Also, I have included the from-scratch version here, but of course you can cheat like I did and use Ghiradelli brownie mix and a tube of cookie dough (to make them really not good for you!).
Just try to resist!

Slutty Brownies

For the bottom cookie layer:
1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips

For the top brownie layer:
10 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder (Dutch process gives it a fudgier flavor)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour

16 Oreo cookies

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a 9x9 pan with tin foil, and generously grease it (this will help when you want to pull the brownies out of the pan to cut into them).

To make the bottom cookie layer: In a mixer (or with a mixer), cream together your butter-flavored shortening and sugars until fluffy. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. Add the vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Add in the flour and stir until everything has come together. Fold in your chocolate chips. Press into the bottom of the greased pan.

Place the Oreo cookies on top of the cookie dough--no need to press them down or overlap.

To make the brownies: melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove. Once melted, whisk in the cocoa powder until combined. Add in the salt and vanilla and stir until combined. Add in the eggs and quickly whisk together. Stir in the flour until everything is incorporated. Pour the brownie batter on top of the Oreos, making sure it covers everything.

Bake in your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean of brownie batter.

Let cool for a couple of hours before slicing.
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Re: Slutty Brownies

Postby mamalackey on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:39 pm

These are very good.

I made them for a church social a couple months ago. I told church friends on fb that I was going to make them and Hubby said I should change the name for this particular crowd.

I didn't. :)

They were a hit and the girls all loved the giggles that the name provided.

My guess is the name comes from them being so bad. ;) :)
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Return to Recipes, meals and snacks