advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Blue Hair

Blue Hair

Postby JoLynne on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:35 pm

My 13-year-old has blue hair. She decided against dye, because she wasn't sure she wanted her hair blue all the time. So she got a wig. Personally, her dad and I think it's kind of cute. Interesting, though, how many adults stop and stare at her with sour expressions on their faces. I don't know what they're thinking, but ... seriously folks. She's a teenager. She has blue hair. She WANTS to shock you. Get over it. <grin>
Free-lance Writer & Blogger
KC Education Enterprise
http://kceducationenterprise.org/
Education Enterprise
http://open.salon.com/blog/jolynne
JoLynne

Re: Blue Hair

Postby AmandaKe on Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 am

Good for her! She's lucky you two are so relaxed. I've personally never seen what the fuss is, kids will be kids you know?
AmandaKe

Re: Blue Hair

Postby mamalackey on Tue May 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Baby Daughter use to do this when she was a teen. And she still occasionally puts bright chunks of color in her hair.

I would watch people give her that same disapproving look you talk about. Seriously. It is just hair color! Get over yourself. I also see it now (she is an almost 22yo adult) when she is wearing sleeveless shirt. She has several tattoos. Would I prefer them to not be there? yep! But it isn't my body and it isn't my call any more.

Here is the thing that those people who look down on your daughter and mine don't get. These are nice girls. They would do anything for you. They give to charity. They rescue pets from shelters. In my girl's case, she's a Christian and loves Jesus. She just sees the world though brightly colored glasses! I would have it no other way.
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Return to Teens