advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

FALL MOTIVATION

FALL MOTIVATION

Postby margopoz on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:56 pm

Not sure what happened but I GAINED weight this summer, so I'm in search of new motivations this fall.
Here's an interesting jump start to the exercise and good nutrition route led by Mitzi Dulan, nationally known nutritionist and local mom:
http://www.MitziDulansBootCamp.com

How are you planning to get in shape this fall? Any 5Kers? Walkers? Dieters? Any other new motivational tips to eat right and exercise?
margopoz

Re: FALL MOTIVATION

Postby dollarfifty on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:31 pm

I gained a few pounds from Vacation, so don't feel bad. But I don't exersize, isn't running around the house and cleaning up after everyone enough?
I'm so far behind I think I'm first.
dollarfifty

Postby Horton on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:59 pm

I gained about 40 or so pounds over the last year, so yeah, I'm trying to stay motivated this year, too. Right now I'm just spending an hour every weekday in the gym, but no specific program or anything. Rather than give myself a weight goal, I gave myself an "hours in the gym" goal, because the results will show quicker :lol: :lol: . Right now, my goal is 30 hours by the end of September. I'm about 9 hours in right now, so I'm on track!
Horton

Postby teenymom on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Since we're planning to move at year's end, I am going to have to find a new gym. Since that might take a while, I'm using that as motivation to get super in shape now so that all the holiday eating won't take as big a toll when I might not have a chance to work it off.
Also, "sports bra woman" at my gym frequently reminds me of the unattractivness of back fat, and that is highly motivational.
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
- Mark Twain
teenymom

Postby Stingyhag on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:16 pm

I started working. So far, 10 lbs lost in month. Still need to do something for the flappy arms.
Insane mom of 9
Grandma to 2
Stingyhag

Postby maggieS on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:24 pm

so that's where you've been Stingy!!! How are you finding time to work a job into your schedule? Did that franchise work out?
"If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be found. . ."
http://www.gotquestions.org
maggieS

Location: trying to find this table you are all talking about. . .

Postby epv5 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:50 pm

I, too, had a weird "gain weight" summer. Maybe not so weird given that the kids and I had the "tour of bakeries" summer. Hit up Three Women and an Oven more times than I can count, Cupcake ala Mode, Smallcakes (a few times), Mema's, Sweet Perfection...uh, yeah, come to think of it, I think I know why last summer's clothes feel tight right now. Oddly enough, I hurt my back badly and the week I spent on steroids I lost a couple pounds. Maybe because I wasn't going anywhere other than work, physical therapy, and the couch? Bakery tour took a couple weeks off. My kids all wanted to join their school's running club that practices up to and then runs in the Jared Coones Pumpkin Run each year and I volunteered to help so I did jog and walk w/ them a couple days ago and I have to say: It felt great to get out in the heat to exercise and sweat! I'm going to try and keep that up!
epv5

Postby katebeem on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:49 pm

Well, I can't figure out why I'm gaining weight. I'm working out three days a week and running. Ran a 5K in June and will be running the Polar Bear Run at the zoo in mid-September. I'm doing interval training and strength training and trying to keep my caloric intake in check.

This week I went back to hot yoga on a regular basis. Couldn't keep that up over the summer because of the kids. Maybe that will help.

I love boot camp workouts! I did have a different personal trainer for awhile. I was doing semi-private personal training at my Y. It's cheaper and fun to have a couple other people around. But when they set the schedule for fall, it didn't fit into my schedule.

Part of my problem might be this yummy sangria I have every night. Just a glass. So good.
katebeem
Site Admin

Postby 83hwy on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:59 pm

Some weight gain is muscle not fat. Weight lifters say so.
83hwy

Postby stayathomemom on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:32 am

We'll be joining the YMCA again this fall once their specials come out wiping out the $150 joining fee. I'm looking forward to swimming with the kids. We try to go swimming once a week after school.
stayathomemom

Next

Return to Camps & Programs