advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Summer Vacation ideas for a 3 year old

Summer Vacation ideas for a 3 year old

Postby quickmom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:49 am

I like to start planning for summer vacation once it starts getting cold. It helps me make it through the winter! Does anyone have good, affordable ideas for a trip with our 3 year old daughter? She'll be almost 4 by the time we travel.

Last year we went to St. Louis and had a blast at the Magic House, the Zoo, and the City Museum.

A friend suggested Seasme Strett Place in PA. As anyone been there? I've been thinking about Branson, but I'm not sure how much there is to do with a 3 year old.
quickmom

Re: Summer Vacation ideas for a 3 year old

Postby moosebane on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:20 am

My grandparents took us camping from the time we were out of diapers. Did a LOT of camping and fishing--mostly in Yellowstone Park, which is my all-time favorite vacation spot. Of course, if camping isn't your thing, this might not be for you, but I think visiting beautiful places is good from the time a child is very young. Especially if there are plenty of animals to see!
moosebane

Postby soccerscouts on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:05 pm

My boys, now 12 and 9, have been going to Branson and Silver Dollar City since they were 3 or 4 years old. SDC is a fantastic place to take kids, especially during the Kids' Festival in the summer. Lotso age-appropriate activities, even if you don't go on the roller coasters.
soccerscouts

Postby msskitty on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:15 pm

I like Omaha for little ones. Its a nice drive - about 3 hours I think...and the zoo there is amazing! There are other things there too - some sort of museum for kids I think. I'm sure there is an Omaha website with lots of fun ideas!!
msskitty

Postby risarenee on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:19 pm

quickmom wrote:A friend suggested Seasme Strett Place in PA. As anyone been there? I've been thinking about Branson, but I'm not sure how much there is to do with a 3 year old.

I grew up in Pa and Sesame place was my favorite water park/park as a kid. FAVORITE!!!! It's a great time. And there is another park about 45 mins away called Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson , Nj. I had always heard that there was a Sesame place in Tx, but I've never looked into it.
risarenee

Location: under the crinkled table eating a stick of butter hoping the girls at the other table can't see me

Postby katebeem on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Rocky Mountain National Park is great. Kids love it. Anywhere in Colorado, for that matter: Great Sand Dunes NP, Telluride. I particularly like SW Colorado.

We took our kids to Washington, D.C. when they were little. All the Smithsonian museums are free, and the Metro is cheap and the best way to get around. Sometimes you can find great, cheap hotel deals at off-peak times -- like Memorial Day. It's a neat time to be there, but it's actually not a highly traveled time there.

Omaha is cool, too. And Chicago! You can find deals on hotels, or stay in budget places. My kids love to use public transportation.

Also, our kids love Sanibel Island. The low season is summer and starts the Tuesday after Memorial Day. You can sometimes get cheap flights to Fort Meyers or Naples or Tampa at that time of year, and summer rates in hotels are way less.
katebeem
Site Admin

Postby Kristina15 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:42 am

First, you want to find a resort that is good for you. If you try to find the right one, the one you want to examine a number of different things. Should understand these things if you are traveling alone or with your family or your children. Consider the ages of your children and the actual cost of travel. Make sure you keep these facts close, and you will be able to find the right kind of place to travel and your needs.

sea
Kristina15

Postby robertz on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:22 am

Wow thanks for that great ideas....

Postby Yahoo on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:01 pm

My kids - two and four - have been lots of places. Orlando, DC, Branson, Omaha and a few smaller locations around. I think you can make a lot of locations work as long as you don't plan too much in a day and (at least with my girls) plan some pool time at the hotel. They think the hotel is one of the best parts!
You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of reality. Ayn Rand
Yahoo

Postby joshua1 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:14 am

Hmmm I have some idea this weekend. I am so excited to go there. :)

Return to Vacations and travel