advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Cool approach to kids marathon

Cool approach to kids marathon

Postby margopoz on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Maybe you think kids are getting rushed too much today, but here's a fun approach to having kids run a marathon. You can take a breath, it's not a program that has children run all the miles in one day! The upcoming KC marathon features a special event for children starting in Kindergarten and up. Using an honor system and a tracking sheet, children can run enough miles to nearly EQUAL a marathon and then run the last mile on the day of the actual city marathon - Oct. 16.
See:
http://www.waddellandreedkansascitymarathon.org/kidsmarathon.php

Sounds like a good way to take advantage of these beautiful fall evenings and encourage good health, too. Anyone here run a marathon or taking up running as a new sport? Got any tips?
Screen shot 2010-10-05 at 1.38.59 PM.png
margopoz

Re: Cool approach to kids marathon

Postby love2seeclay on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:07 pm

My niece is participating in that! :D She's been walking a mile every evening with her parents and she's super excited to finish her "marathon" in a couple of weeks! :D
love2seeclay

Re: Cool approach to kids marathon

Postby Champagne Baby on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:26 pm

What a cool idea! I ran a mini-marathon (23.1miles) back in '03. And I am so proud of that accomplishment, nobody can take that away from me. I think it's great that they can work toward it like that. These kids are going to be so proud of themselves!
As for advices... get a good pair of walking/running shoes. The last thing you want is to get injured. :(
Champagne Baby

Return to Sports