advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Please help support an awesome Dad

Please help support an awesome Dad

Postby mrsbluebear on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:16 pm

This guy is one of our hardest working, most dedicated coaches. He takes the jobs the other coaches hate, and is always positive with the kids and the parents. If he can't see the field clearly, he can't do his job. IMHO, FCCJC has no excuse. I copied/pasted the text of the e-mail I received below. Thanks for reading.

Most of you know that I help coach (as possible) my sons games. This past Monday, the FCCJC board made a ruling that due to me being in a wheelchair, I had to be far enough off the sideline, so that another one of our coaches must constantly be between me and the field. I am to always stay be :!: hind the play (offensive line) and also continue to do my job of ensuring each kid (your kids) gets their minimum number of plays, as they run on and off the field.

I called this morning and spoke to Doug Staats (FCCJC Sportsmanship) and his response was, “there were a number of people that didn’t want you on the sideline at all” I explained that the American’s With Disabilities Act stated that I was not to be treated any different and he interrupted me to say, “we aren’t treating you any different”. Really? I told him that I would like to speak to those people who made this decision and also didn’t want me on the field at all. I just got an appeal added to the next FCCJC Directors meeting at 8 pm, Monday, October 11, in the lower level conference room of our building at 6740 Antioch
mrsbluebear

Re: Please help support an awesome Dad

Postby signefreed on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:25 am

What jerks! I am glad this guy isn't just taking the brush off and is going to challenge the board. I hope all the parents of the kids he has coached show up at this meeting.
signefreed

Postby 83hwy on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:14 am

Take this to the local news stations.
83hwy

Postby sahmiam43 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 am

I'm glad that he is pushing. What they told him is a crock of CYAness. What a world. Go Coach!
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

But wait! There's more! For the low price of a clickity click click,click...
http://thehistorychicks.com/
http://sahmiam43.blogspot.com
sahmiam43

Postby moosebane on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:34 am

sahmiam43 wrote:I'm glad that he is pushing. What they told him is a crock of CYAness. What a world. Go Coach!

This. I hope this works out in his favor!!
moosebane

Postby mythreesons on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:58 am

Okay, so here's the deal. My kid is on the team that he is helping to coach and I can see both sides of the dilemma...I appreciate everything that he does for the team, but they did give him options for staying on the field during games. They didn't just say that he absolutely could not be on the field. It has to do with safety issues. Something could happen to him or a player and either one on them could get seriously hurt. Just sayin...
"What matters in life is how much you loved, how gently you lived and how you gracefully let go of things that are not meant for you."
mythreesons

Postby pmonkeefan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:46 pm

83hwy wrote:Take this to the local news stations.

This times 10. I'd call ALL the news stations.
[/url]
pmonkeefan

Postby blessingangels on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:07 pm

#1: Safety takes top priority. If the coach feels that he's not able to effectively perform within his designated location, then he needs to swallow his pride and make a whole-hearted effort to conform/adapt by asking another adult to "be his eyes", get the players shuffled in/out, etc.

#2: If ADA states that the disabled are not to be treated differently than anyone else, then why are handicapped parking spaces the ones closest to the entrance of a building? For reasons of equality, they should be spaced out evenly over the entire area of the parking lot.
blessingangels

Postby sahmiam43 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:52 pm

mythreesons wrote:My kid is on the team that he is helping to coach and I can see both sides of the dilemma...I appreciate everything that he does for the team, but they did give him options for staying on the field during games. They didn't just say that he absolutely could not be on the field. It has to do with safety issues. Something could happen to him or a player and either one on them could get seriously hurt. Just sayin...

No, this is good. you have the inside scoop. Has he ever been hurt? Have any of his players ever been in danger? I'm not being a Negative Nelly, I'm curious.

A kid ( or coach) can get hurt at any time,any game, regardless of physical limitations. Have there been issues that we, looking from afar, just haven't seen that warrented this in the first place? What info don't we have?
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

But wait! There's more! For the low price of a clickity click click,click...
http://thehistorychicks.com/
http://sahmiam43.blogspot.com
sahmiam43

Postby mrsbluebear on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:05 pm

sahmiam43 wrote:
mythreesons wrote:My kid is on the team that he is helping to coach and I can see both sides of the dilemma...I appreciate everything that he does for the team, but they did give him options for staying on the field during games. They didn't just say that he absolutely could not be on the field. It has to do with safety issues. Something could happen to him or a player and either one on them could get seriously hurt. Just sayin...

No, this is good. you have the inside scoop. Has he ever been hurt? Have any of his players ever been in danger? I'm not being a Negative Nelly, I'm curious.

A kid ( or coach) can get hurt at any time,any game, regardless of physical limitations. Have there been issues that we, looking from afar, just haven't seen that warrented this in the first place? What info don't we have?

Out yerself would ya? I never knew there was another m2mer on the team. :)

SF, I've been to several games, he is only a sideline coach. He's not trying to get on the field. He's not interfering with the guys moving the markers. He's just trying to stay where he can see. A kid running off the side into him is no more likely than a kid running into another coach with a clipboard. (Given some issues my other older child's team has had this year I suspect this is not a safety issue as much as a money issue. )
mrsbluebear

Next

Return to Sports