advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Anyone else held hostage by LeBron James the past hour?

Anyone else held hostage by LeBron James the past hour?

Postby mom2momkc on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:55 pm

All things came to a stop at 8 p.m. tonight in our home when King James made his B-I-G announcement. Anyone else have a house full of basketball-crazed fans who made you watch the LeBronference? :D
My favorite part? When he said it was his conversation with his mom this morning that helped him make his final decision.
"See?" I said to my boys.
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Re: Anyone else held hostage by LeBron James the past hour?

Postby Neba on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Uhm...no. Now if it were COLLEGE basketball I might have been a bit more ear to the ground as I love that, but NBA basketball is completely boring; so, I could care less about LeBron being a free agent. I've tried to watch NBA games, but it seems to be just a bunch of showboating.
"(Reverend Finley): Sometimes we must come full circle to find the truth. Why does that surprise you? (Scully): Mostly, it just makes me afraid. (Reverend Finley): Afraid? (Scully): Afraid that God is speaking... but that no one's listening." The X-Files
Neba

Postby seabiscuit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm curious, but not curious enough to watch the Lebronathon. I'm still holding out for him to go to the Utah Jazz :D

Neba, I hear you on college basketball, but if you grow up with a team - the only pro team in the area, well, let's just say I'm an avid Utah Jazz fan. :)
That's a gen-u-ine PillowPet. A puppy's never had it so good!
seabiscuit

Postby Sugar Mama on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:47 pm

MIAMI!
Melissa
Sugar Mama

Postby margopoz on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Our house was not too happy with the news. My eight-year-old used the words "bad player" and "cheater." But I did think at least he listened to his mother. Though it makes me ALSO wonder is that "happiness speech" the best advice for a mother to give? Do players who are making MILLIONS have ANY obligations to their hometowns, their previous places of employment anymore?

The Heat will be at the Sprint Center Oct. 15:
http://www.sprintcenter.com/default.asp?sprintcenter=98&objId=112
margopoz

Postby bvmom on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Personally loyalty is probably over-rated in any short-lived profession such as professional sports. The career length is very short and many of the athletes have no other viable skill so income after the professional stint will be limited. Isn't the NBA having a possible lockout next year? This may be the last year of outrageous contracts before the new labor agreement.
bvmom

Postby mamalackey on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:09 am

I grew up listening to the Cavaliers and my family all still lives just south of Cleveland. It's a sad thing for the area economy to lose Lebron to Miami. However, if you get the opportunity to go to a place you want to work and work with people you like and admire and that place is warmer than Cleveland, heck, wouldn't you go too?

Cleveland is a great city by the way. Shouldn't be the butt of so many jokes.
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Return to Sports