advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Soccer! Party! Anyone ready for World Cup viewing?

Soccer! Party! Anyone ready for World Cup viewing?

Postby margopoz on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Okay, I'm not a soccer mom or a soccer, er, football fan but I am a bit jazzed about watching some games starting this weekend:
Aren't excited yet?
Check out this Nike commercial. I'm trying to guess how much they spent on it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE
margopoz

Re: Soccer! Party! Anyone ready for World Cup viewing?

Postby signefreed on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:35 am

We love soccer at our house. I played until the end of high school and my daughter has been playing since she was 3. We hope to get Blake in the mix this fall. It's great for kids, because there is no down time. Everyone gets to participate. As for watching the games, I have a hard time sitting still and watching anything for long periods of time, so I usually just catch the hightlights.
signefreed

Re: Soccer! Party! Anyone ready for World Cup viewing?

Postby mamalackey on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:41 am

We may watch a bit since we really enjoy the game.

A couple of young friends from Michigan have tickets to 6 of the games and they have just arrived in South Africa this morning. Tyler is a recent graduate from West Point and his brother Logan is a student at Michigan State (I think--could be U of Mich.) What an adventure for them. You can follow their adventure here, http://tywrites.blogspot.com/.
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Return to Sports