advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Lee's Summit Moms Group

Lee's Summit Moms Group

Postby MothersandMore on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:32 pm

The Lee's Summit Chapter of Mothers and More would like to invite you to join us for our monthly meeting to find out more about what Mothers and More can offer you. We are a group for mothers that helps women focus on themselves and connect with other mothers, offering meetings, playgroups, and more! We are a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of mothers through support, education, and advocacy. We address mothers' needs as individuals and members of society, and promote the value of all the work mothers do.

Contact our membership coordinator, Melissa at 1-866-725-2079 or mothersandmorels@comcast.net for more information.

This month's topic:
Volunteering: Teaching your Children the Importance of Giving
February 12th—7:00p.m. Legacy Park Community Center
Perhaps there is no more important task than effectively communicating the concepts of giving and serving to our children. This month we will have a speaker from United Way
of Greater Kansas City present on ways to engage your children in the act of giving. Since philanthropy literally means “love of humankind,” this meeting will provide us ideas, activities and resources to raise a child who “gives, shares and cares."
MothersandMore

Re: Lee's Summit Moms Group

Postby MothersandMore on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:02 pm

Here are some of the activities we have going on in February for Moms and Tots....

For more information about Mothers and More, please contact our membership coordinator Melissa at 1-866-725-2079 or mothersandmorels@comcast.net for more information

Feb. 4th
Splash Time at Legacy Park Community Center
11:00-1:00
Legacy Park members free, LS Residents: 3 and under free, 4 and up $6.00, Non-residents: 3 and under free, 4 and up $8.00
Address: 901 NE Bluestem Dr., Lee's Summit, MO
Description: Come get a taste of summer in the dead of winter! Enjoy Legacy's splash area of the aquatic center featuring fountains, a lazy river, frog slide and more! Perfect for younger children. Appropriate swim attire is required.

Feb. 9th
Valentine's Day Party
10:00-12:00
$4 per person
Address: Harris Park Community Center, 110 SW Blue Parkway, Lee's Summit, MO
Description: Come celebrate Valentine's Day with M&M at the Harris Park Community Center. Lots of crafts, activities and games.

Feb. 13th
Storytime at the Library
10:00-11:00
Colbern Road Branch Public Library, 1000 NE Colbern Rd, Lee's Summit, MO
Description: Ms. Pat is back to holding her special story time just for M&M! An hour of stories, songs, interaction and crafts.

Feb. 16th
The History of the Pretzel
10:30 am
$4.00 per person
Auntie Anne's, Upper Level Independence Center
Description: Go behind the scenes to learn about pretzels and how they are made! Children will get to squeeze lemons and make their own pretzel. All ages welcome. Fee includes pretzel and a drink.

Feb. 27th
Paul Mesner Puppets--Martha Speaks
10:00 am
$5.00
Address: Unity Temple on the Plaza, 707 W. 47th St., Kansas City, MO
Description: When Finney feeds alphabet soup to her dog Martha, Martha begins to speak. The letters go to her brain instead of her stomach. But having a talking dog is not as fun as it seems. Paul Mesner adapts the Caldecott award-winning story for the puppet stage and lets the story of Martha unfold.
MothersandMore

Postby bleeglaser on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:06 pm

Wow this is close to home! Can't wait to check it out.
Brookie-Lee- Momprenuer & Educationista
DH Kevin(7/04), DS Zavien(9/05), DS Jaxon(4/07), DD Tylea(5/09), & DD Vaylee(4/11)
Hynobabies- Easy & Comfortable Birthing
Ampray- Have yard space? Eliminate your KCP&L or Ameren electric bill and get affordable solar!
bleeglaser

Postby 3girlsinsummit on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:01 pm

I have been a member of Mother & More for 1.5 years and love it. There are so many things to do and for different ages of children. I love the moms outings. My children and I are really enjoying the group.
3girlsinsummit

Postby ak2mo on Fri May 22, 2009 8:40 am

I just moved to Lee's Summit, but my daughter is only 10 months old.... Is there really something for ALL ages?

I'd really like to meet some people... especially moms and kids!
Audrianna (7/16/08) is going to be a big sister!!Image
ak2mo

Postby MothersandMore on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:20 pm

We have a wide variety of activities, and even when the kids are smaller, it's a great opportunity for moms to connect. In the spring and summer we have PAW (Park a Week) as well as the many Mom and Tot activities. I personally joined when my daughter was very young, but still joined a playgroup and loved meeting other moms! Additionally, there are many activities geared just for moms (Bunko, Book Club, Scrapbooking, Community Outreach projects, and Mom's Night Outs) so that being a member is mostly about you as more than just being a mom. I would encourage you to contact the membership coordinators to get a copy of our latest newsletter to see exactly what is offered and what you might be interested in. Prospective members are invited to attend 2 events before joining.
MothersandMore

Return to Playgroups and clubs