advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Dreamworks Movie: Rise of the Guardians

Dreamworks Movie: Rise of the Guardians

Postby JoLynne on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Sorry we missed seeing this one in the theatre. Our daughter has been raving about it and finally convinced us to watch it on DVD. Are we glad she did! Stunning animation, great story and humor even adults can appreciate. Who else has seen Rise of the Guardians? What is your review?
Free-lance Writer & Blogger
KC Education Enterprise
http://kceducationenterprise.org/
Education Enterprise
http://open.salon.com/blog/jolynne
JoLynne

Re: Dreamworks Movie: Rise of the Guardians

Postby momonnet on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:55 pm

Well... I was thinking of not renting it... But if an adult says its good than maybe I should.
momonnet

Postby mamalackey on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:48 am

We saw it several months ago and we enjoyed it. I loved the subtle humor and the Jack Frost back story, in spite of it being very sad. The weaving of several beloved fictional characters into one story is a hard task but this was well done. Just know it does have some fairly frightening points and may not be for the timid or very young.
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Postby mygr8crew on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:55 am

We saw this Christmas day in the theatre and I was surprised at how much I liked it. Cute and the kids really loved it, even my older ones.
Susan
Proud Mom to
Taylor, 18
Grace, 16
Gabe, 14
Simon, 12

"Whatever your fight, don't be ladylike!" Mother Jones

http://fiftytwoweeksofme.wordpress.com/
mygr8crew

Postby momonnet on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:44 am

mamalackey wrote:We saw it several months ago and we enjoyed it. I loved the subtle humor and the Jack Frost back story, in spite of it being very sad. The weaving of several beloved fictional characters into one story is a hard task but this was well done. Just know it does have some fairly frightening points and may not be for the timid or very young.

Oh no. sad alert. Then I guess I won't watch it. No sad stuff for me.
momonnet

Postby JoLynne on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:17 am

The woman ahead of me in line at the Redbox said she and her husband really enjoyed it, and they don't have kids. Yes, it has some frightening moments and is more for the older elementary kids, teenagers and adults. There is an adorable toddler character, but this isn't really a warm-and-cuddly movie for the younger set. I never knew the Easter Bunny was such a bad ass ... Santa is tattooed and fights with double-handed swords ... and my 13-year-old has a serious crush on Jack Frost.
Free-lance Writer & Blogger
KC Education Enterprise
http://kceducationenterprise.org/
Education Enterprise
http://open.salon.com/blog/jolynne
JoLynne

Postby moosebane on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:37 am

I've been wanting to see this ever since it came out. Looks like I'll have to get hold of it!
moosebane

Postby momonnet on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:54 pm

JoLynne wrote:The woman ahead of me in line at the Redbox said she and her husband really enjoyed it, and they don't have kids. Yes, it has some frightening moments and is more for the older elementary kids, teenagers and adults. There is an adorable toddler character, but this isn't really a warm-and-cuddly movie for the younger set. I never knew the Easter Bunny was such a bad ass ... Santa is tattooed and fights with double-handed swords ... and my 13-year-old has a serious crush on Jack Frost.

I guess I will try it then :-)
momonnet

Postby momonnet on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:55 am

Unless I get a babysitting gig tonight.... We will be watching this. I hope it's good !!!!!
momonnet

Postby thelommer on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:40 am

My son loves this movie and we went to see it at the theater!! He got this DVD yesterday for Easter in his Easter basket and he was soooooo excited!! We watched it again last night and enjoyed it!!
thelommer

Return to Music, movies, TV and books