advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Poly-vi-sol vitamin stains

Poly-vi-sol vitamin stains

Postby mama-missy on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:51 am

All you mamas out there who have had to give your kiddos this stuff know it stains like crazy. So, does anyone know if there is a solution for getting the stains out of clothes? I have to give it to baby son #2 twice a day and it's wreaking havoc.
Help!!!
mama-missy

Re: Poly-vi-sol vitamin stains

Postby Bug'smom on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:02 pm

Oh, that stuff is worse than Kool Aid!
Have you tried a Tide Pen? If nothing else, you can make a paste with Oxy Clean and let it sit on the stain. OxyClean is is hard on brite colors tho. You could try dish soap also. I know if the stain has been there very long, it probably won't come out.
You just can't be sad around Gerbera daisies!!
They're such a happy flower!

Censorship sucks
Bug'smom

Postby hotmomma on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:27 pm

I just always put it in DS's bottle. He gagged on it if I tried to give it to him straight. If it's in the bottle, it's diluted and it won't stain.
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby mama-missy on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:00 pm

No bottles at this house. We've tried a few times and they make gagging faces and won't suck. They're going to have to work it out though with Logan's surgery coming up. I'm making DH try it out Sunday while I'm at the meet-up.
mama-missy

Postby hotmomma on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:20 pm

mama-missy wrote:No bottles at this house. We've tried a few times and they make gagging faces and won't suck. They're going to have to work it out though with Logan's surgery coming up. I'm making DH try it out Sunday while I'm at the meet-up.

Mix it up in rice cereal?
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby cnnplus5 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:05 pm

get a bar of Fels Naptha soap (you can find it in the laundry section at Walmart) for about .50. Wet garment and rub soap in - let it sit for about 10 minutes and wash. If the clothes have already been washed and dried with stain you may need to do this several times or let them soak overnight and rub more soap in before you wash.
Love the Birch tree - a favorite of mine in New England fall scenery
http://www.thebestclean.vpweb.com
cnnplus5

Postby mama-missy on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:29 pm

hotmomma- thanks for the tips but nothin' more than mama's milk before 6 months here. It's almost time though.

Thanks CNN- I'm going to look for that soap this weekend. I've treated the stain with Tide pen and it helped a little but there is still a little there.
mama-missy

Postby hotmomma on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:03 pm

How about one of those medicine binkies?

hotmomma

Postby mama-missy on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:48 am

Oooh! Forgot all about those. He'll sometimes take a binkie if I hold it in his mouth.
mama-missy

Postby mamalackey on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:57 am

When my kiddos were babies I do a load about once a week that was a soaking load with all the baby stains. Fill the washer as usual and add your regular amount of detergent. Then add a cup of dishwasher soap. Agitate for a couple minutes and then let it sit for a while--30 minutes to an hour. Then continue the cycle. Since they are baby clothes you'll probably want to double rinse. If they are realllllllly bad soak over night. This method got everything out.
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Next

Return to Clothing