advertisement
  • Magazines


    Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

    KC Weddings
    Spaces


    Click on a link above to learn more

Polar Bears "threatened"

Re: Polar Bears "threatened"

Postby mama-missy on Thu May 15, 2008 9:25 am

I didn't read that article to be one way or the other politically. I read it as an article that talked about polar bears losing their environment. Here is some info I found in National Geographic about our climate.

We all know that the arctic sea ice melts as the summer warms the top of the earth. But did you know that by Sept. 2007 it shrank 23%? That is an area as big as TX and CA combined. Scientists predicted that global warming would mean the end of a year-round polar ice cap by the end of the 21st century but have now changed that schedule to say that the polar region could be open water by summer 2030.

margopoz wrote:Those polar ice caps are a changin' but bet there are other animals effected too.


Margo is right, the polar bears aren't the only ones affected. The water temp changes things for many of the animals in the polar regions and will eventually get to us humans further south.
User avatar
mama-missy
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:34 pm
Location: Brookside, KCMO

Re: Polar Bears "threatened"

Postby PartyofSeven on Thu May 15, 2008 9:53 am

mama-missy wrote:I didn't read that article to be one way or the other politically. I read it as an article that talked about polar bears losing their environment. Here is some info I found in National Geographic about our climate.


But global warming has been made a political issue. The choice to believe it's true or not sways our politics.
PartyofSeven
 
Posts: 4170
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:31 pm

Re: Polar Bears "threatened"

Postby Nascargirl on Thu May 15, 2008 9:55 am

I just don't see why this thread about Polar bears turns in a Politics discussion?????? I think some people just like to argue!
Of course Democrats are sexy, who ever heard of a nice piece of elephant!

Melissa
Mommy to 3 kids 6 and under!
Nascargirl
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Shawnee

Re: Polar Bears "threatened"

Postby adlibby on Thu May 15, 2008 10:02 am

PartyofSeven wrote:
mama-missy wrote:I didn't read that article to be one way or the other politically. I read it as an article that talked about polar bears losing their environment. Here is some info I found in National Geographic about our climate.


But global warming has been made a political issue. The choice to believe it's true or not sways our politics.


Becki -- Are you being serious? You really don't believe in global climate change?
if you liked that, go read my blog ;)
User avatar
adlibby
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Re: Polar Bears "threatened"

Postby sahmiam43 on Thu May 15, 2008 10:42 am

Nascargirl wrote:I just don't see why this thread about Polar bears turns in a Politics discussion?????? I think some people just like to argue!


er, um..because it is posted under "politics"? But you are right about the second part!
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

But wait! There's more! For the low price of a clickity click click,click...
http://thehistorychicks.com/
http://sahmiam43.blogspot.com
User avatar
sahmiam43
 
Posts: 6322
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:41 am
Location: Someplace in time

Re: Polar Bears "threatened"

Postby Nascargirl on Thu May 15, 2008 10:46 am

Susan your right, I was not even paying attention to where it was posted. Why is it under Politics Annie?
Of course Democrats are sexy, who ever heard of a nice piece of elephant!

Melissa
Mommy to 3 kids 6 and under!
Nascargirl
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Shawnee

Re: Polar Bears "threatened"

Postby adlibby on Thu May 15, 2008 10:51 am

I'm sort of incredulous that someone wouldn't believe in global climate change after the last 2 or 3 years. I sort of thought that debate was over. Didn't GWB even say it was an issue? Didn't he attend the G8 Summit on Global Climate Change?

Somebody help me here.
if you liked that, go read my blog ;)
User avatar
adlibby
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Re: Polar Bears "threatened"

Postby Nascargirl on Thu May 15, 2008 10:53 am

I have no clue what she means????? Becki?
Of course Democrats are sexy, who ever heard of a nice piece of elephant!

Melissa
Mommy to 3 kids 6 and under!
Nascargirl
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Shawnee

Re: Polar Bears "threatened"

Postby the4moores on Thu May 15, 2008 11:09 am

I like that you linked to an organization where people can do more if so moved by the subject. I think one of the things I've found that frustrates people who are disatisfied is that they feel they have no outlet to change the things they dislike/disagree with...with that said I think it's important to be able to share with people a way in which they can take action and not feel so helpless/victimized.

I'm going to try and incorporate that more when I start posting again.

mm

Bubbles wrote:Here's what I found:

on this page you can support a variety of animals/causes with your money and by writing letters to the appropriate people in the government.

http://wwf.worldwildlife.org/site/PageS ... e=can_home




On this page you can read about polar bears, adopt a polar bear (what's the home study for that one like? :D ), and read about what's been going on with their habitat.

http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/fi ... em590.html
"A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth."
-- Albert Einstein
User avatar
the4moores
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: Polar Bears "threatened"

Postby PartyofSeven on Thu May 15, 2008 12:47 pm

adlibby wrote:
PartyofSeven wrote:
mama-missy wrote:I didn't read that article to be one way or the other politically. I read it as an article that talked about polar bears losing their environment. Here is some info I found in National Geographic about our climate.


But global warming has been made a political issue. The choice to believe it's true or not sways our politics.


Becki -- Are you being serious? You really don't believe in global climate change?


Again, another instance of someone inferring something from a statement I made. If you carefully read my words, I wasn't committing one way or the other. Some people believe it's true and some people don't. Where in that statement did I say I didn't? Or did? I don't see it. I'm not the one trying to start something here. Everything I say is examined for motives which no one is privvy to but me!
PartyofSeven
 
Posts: 4170
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests