advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

What has W done right?

Re: What has W done right?

Postby Nascargirl on Thu May 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Ok well "he" is not giving us that money, doubt his wallet is that big? Besides that, from what I know that is taxable income for this year????
Of course Democrats are sexy, who ever heard of a nice piece of elephant!

Melissa
Mommy to 3 kids 6 and under!
Nascargirl

Postby vengholm on Thu May 08, 2008 1:56 pm

mom22trttrs wrote:he gave us all made up money

HAHAHAHA!!!

We just got our made-up money! I know it's supposed to go back into the economy, so we're supposed to take our fantasy dollars and consume consume consume. But screw stimulus. We're putting it in the bank. Who's stimulated now?
"Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours." - Swedish Proverb
vengholm

Postby Neba on Thu May 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Speaking of "spin," this is one of those topics that can go either way. If you're a conservative I'd say there is a long list of accomplishments that GW has done "right" for you in his presidency. Just for an example:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1990856/posts

And you have your head-shaking lists of "wrongs" (which happen to look similar to the list of "rights"), as have been posted, for those who are more liberal and disagree with his more conservative values, or even for the back and forth fence-straddlers (like I think we all tend to be about ideas at one time or another). We can tweak it however we want to, but there will always be those that like and those that dislike what the President has done during his terms in office. I may happen to like the fact that he has nominated "strong, conservative judges to the judiciary. " You might hate it - nyah! Guess what!? We are still both mothers who shop at Wal-Mart, or Target, or wherever and I think it's great that differing opinions exist. I'll still invite you over for brownies!

What a sucky job to have...I like my job better. I only have three little people and a DH who think I'm way too conservative when it comes to the sugar supply around here. As for my liberal idea of "what is clean?" - that's another ball of wax.
"(Reverend Finley): Sometimes we must come full circle to find the truth. Why does that surprise you? (Scully): Mostly, it just makes me afraid. (Reverend Finley): Afraid? (Scully): Afraid that God is speaking... but that no one's listening." The X-Files
Neba

Postby vengholm on Thu May 08, 2008 2:05 pm

Neba wrote:Speaking of "spin," this is one of those topics that can go either way. If you're a conservative I'd say there is a long list of accomplishments that GW has done "right" for you in his presidency. Just for an example:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1990856/posts

Neba, I saw this list too when I did my google search. But the very first section on abortion issues I saw as a list of infringements on human rights. It was good for the anti-choice group. But what about those of us who are pro-choice? I don't see this as an accomplishment, but as a backslide.

Also, the rest of the list on this guys website is just a list of one man's opinion. For instance, he says "Changed the tone in the White House, restoring HONOR and DIGNITY to the presidency. Has reintroduced the mention of God and faith into public discourse."

I'm not seeing honor or dignity. And the fact that Little Bush has brought God into public discourse I see as a unfair. Americans are made up of Christians and non-Christians alike. How do you think the Atheists feel about having an entity they don't believe in fused into their government? That's right. Everyone forgets about the Atheists.

Anyway, that's why I didn't post this link earlier. I think earlier in the thread 4moores posted a list of things that Little Bush actually did right. And it's right for both sides, not just for one. Let's go with that list.
"Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours." - Swedish Proverb
vengholm

Postby swissmom on Thu May 08, 2008 2:16 pm

mom22trttrs wrote:
he gave us all made up money

CRACK me up! He sure did. Okay, I really, really, really am going offline now....
My babies babies...
swissmom

Postby hotmomma on Thu May 08, 2008 3:01 pm

the4moores wrote:
hotmomma wrote:As an aside, I don't think anyone on here is griping, you can share your opinions of the man all you want, doesn't bother me any. (I'm with Oprah anyway.) I'm speaking of those who are the big talking know it alls who think they know everything that has gone through the white house and could have done it better.

I haven't met anyone like what you've described on this site.

That's what I said in the first line of the paragraph.
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby hotmomma on Thu May 08, 2008 3:04 pm

vkitty17 wrote:
mom22trttrs wrote:he gave us all made up money

HAHAHAHA!!!

We just got our made-up money! I know it's supposed to go back into the economy, so we're supposed to take our fantasy dollars and consume consume consume. But screw stimulus. We're putting it in the bank. Who's stimulated now?

Well shucks! We havent gotten our check yet. We had every intention of saving it, but our lawn mower, TV, and VCR all are getting replaced and my washer is making weird sounds. There goes that idea!
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby hotmomma on Thu May 08, 2008 3:07 pm

vkitty17 wrote:I'm not seeing honor or dignity. And the fact that Little Bush has brought God into public discourse I see as a unfair. Americans are made up of Christians and non-Christians alike. How do you think the Atheists feel about having an entity they don't believe in fused into their government? That's right. Everyone forgets about the Atheists.

Well, it is, afterall, a country founded on Christianity. It would only make sense to put God into the public.

hotmomma

Postby Nascargirl on Thu May 08, 2008 4:28 pm

I sometimes wonder if people continue to claim to support W because they voted for him and are now too ashamed to admit they made a mistake????
Of course Democrats are sexy, who ever heard of a nice piece of elephant!

Melissa
Mommy to 3 kids 6 and under!
Nascargirl

Postby frizzed on Thu May 08, 2008 4:48 pm

So many fights & disagreements over someone who will be out of office in a few short months - silly and stupid. Isn't now the time to start focusing on YOUR candidate for President. Why or why not should it be Hillary, why or why not should it be Barack, why or why not should it be McCain? These are the things that you should focus on. I'm a registered republican and I still haven't really made up my mind. Inform me. This board and the cronyism and the "things he did wrong" board would make a whole lot more sense if he was up for reelection but he's not. It's over, he's gone, you are glad and do the happy dance.

Too much energy has been spent and there have been way too stupid fights & disagreements over things that you cannot change. Work and focus your energy on the things that YOU can do to change. I constantly instill in my boys, do not worry about the past and the things you cannot change. Learn from it and MOVE ON!

I don't get too worked up either way over these topics because I can't change the facts and there is nothing I can do about the past. What I can do is be informed on the NEXT president of the United States and determine who I am going to vote for in November.

Isn't focusing on the negative bad chi or karma or something?
If you are gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
frizzed

PreviousNext

Return to Politics