advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

What has W done right?

Re: What has W done right?

Postby swissmom on Thu May 08, 2008 11:30 am

But the "if I don't want to do it myself" thing doesn't really work. We elect people and pay people to do jobs that they aspire to do. We can't all be qualified to do everything. I would definetely criticize my daughters pediatrician if he mis-diagnosed, or botched a surgery on my child, even though I couldn't have done a better job myself. I have chosen that person to do what I cannot, based on their reputation, skills, education, and whatever else is required in order for me to trust them. I'm not a roofer, but if I hire a roofer to keep my family safe, and the roof caves in, the roofer I hired is to be held accountable....I'm not qualified to be the President of the United States, and I don't want to be President of the United States, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't hold him accountable for his errors. you know what i mean?
My babies babies...
swissmom

Postby tgmomof4 on Thu May 08, 2008 11:45 am

swissmom wrote:I'm not qualified to be the President of the United States, and I don't want to be President of the United States, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't hold him accountable for his errors. you know what i mean?

I completely agree. He should be held accountable just as I'm held accountable for raising my children and taking care of their needs. No, it's not the same kind of job so don't anyone start on me there.... I'm just saying that all people in general with their jobs should be held accountable for their mistakes. That's one of the most important jobs in our country!!
We'll be friends until we're old and senile...... then we'll be new friends!
tgmomof4

Postby hotmomma on Thu May 08, 2008 11:47 am

swissmom wrote:But the "if I don't want to do it myself" thing doesn't really work. We elect people and pay people to do jobs that they aspire to do. We can't all be qualified to do everything. I would definetely criticize my daughters pediatrician if he mis-diagnosed, or botched a surgery on my child, even though I couldn't have done a better job myself. I have chosen that person to do what I cannot, based on their reputation, skills, education, and whatever else is required in order for me to trust them. I'm not a roofer, but if I hire a roofer to keep my family safe, and the roof caves in, the roofer I hired is to be held accountable....I'm not qualified to be the President of the United States, and I don't want to be President of the United States, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't hold him accountable for his errors. you know what i mean?

Makes total sense, and very valid points. I just get tired of all the griping people do (not just with the president, but with church, school, scouts, etc.) about the job others are doing. Well, you know what? If you don't like it, than you do it!

As far as the presidency, we gripe about every little thing, but we have no clue as to what a president goes through. Many people THINK they know all about what goes on and the simple ways they could have fixed the problem. Oddly enough, their names are never on the presidential ballot. It's the "big talkers" that irritate me. We put the man in office, instead of bashing him at every turn, why don't we support him in our prayers that he be blessed with wisdom, energy, and good health. I have no idea why people ever run for the presidency. It's like running for a position in front of a firing squad.
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby hotmomma on Thu May 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Before I get bricks thrown through my window, I should say that yes, people should be held accountable for their decisions.

If the president screws up, there are consequences for that decision, just as there is for anyone in any job. I don't deny that. I just tend to feel bad for the guy that people throw stones.

Here's a for instance (on a much smaller scale). I'm the fundraiser person in DSS's scout group. That position sat empty for months (if not years) and I was asked on more than one occasion to take this position. I said that since I had little ones, I wasn't willing to do it because I wouldn't be able to attending the meetings. I kept getting asked and I accepted. I just finished up our first fundraiser and was told that it would have been nice if I was better organized and gave the kids more time to do their sales. I have no idea what they're talking about. They're willing to gripe about the job I'm doing but they weren't willing to do it themselves.

Just one of many silly things like that. Griping doesn't really help the situation any, so what's the point of doing it?

As an aside, I don't think anyone on here is griping, you can share your opinions of the man all you want, doesn't bother me any. (I'm with Oprah anyway.) I'm speaking of those who are the big talking know it alls who think they know everything that has gone through the white house and could have done it better.
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby Nascargirl on Thu May 08, 2008 12:57 pm

Well I for one did not put him in office, and he knows what comes with the job. He chose to run again so it must not be that bad.
Of course Democrats are sexy, who ever heard of a nice piece of elephant!

Melissa
Mommy to 3 kids 6 and under!
Nascargirl

Postby the4moores on Thu May 08, 2008 12:57 pm

hotmomma wrote:Before I get bricks thrown through my window, I should say that yes, people should be held accountable for their decisions.

That is a nonpartisan reasonable opinion that I think we can all agree upon. So then if someone points out that he (or his administration) has done something for which they should be held accountable, then why are so many people defending his misdeeds and not asking for accountability?
hotmomma wrote:If the president screws up, there are consequences for that decision, just as there is for anyone in any job. I don't deny that. I just tend to feel bad for the guy that people throw stones.

So you go from saying that someone in the position should be held accountable to feeling bad cause people are throwing stones. I'd need more detail about what you mean as I find those two things a little contradictory.
Personally, I go to great lengths to try and form an educated opinion based on the available information. Often times I've found that the many nuances of issues that are left out of the shallow coverage of tv and newspaper coverage and that most people are forming opinions with only a fraction of the information available usually delivered to them with a lot of spin.
hotmomma wrote:Just one of many silly things like that. Griping doesn't really help the situation any, so what's the point of doing it? .

I don't consider myself griping, I consider myself to be sharing information with people that they might not have been exposed to. We can't be in control of our lives if we don't have the knowledge to make educated decisions. I choose to be aware of issues and to inform others, so hopefully they will participate in this great democratic government of ours, by writing their government on issues that concern them and demanding accountability.
hotmomma wrote:As an aside, I don't think anyone on here is griping, you can share your opinions of the man all you want, doesn't bother me any. (I'm with Oprah anyway.) I'm speaking of those who are the big talking know it alls who think they know everything that has gone through the white house and could have done it better.

I haven't met anyone like what you've described on this site.
"A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth."
-- Albert Einstein
the4moores

Postby LNDofMOM on Thu May 08, 2008 1:11 pm

he gave us all made up money
LNDofMOM

Postby Nascargirl on Thu May 08, 2008 1:20 pm

mom22trttrs wrote:he gave us all made up money

Huh?
Of course Democrats are sexy, who ever heard of a nice piece of elephant!

Melissa
Mommy to 3 kids 6 and under!
Nascargirl

Postby TutusbyT on Thu May 08, 2008 1:22 pm

I think she is referring to the stimulus check that is just putting us further in debt as a country.
Tonia
SAHM to Mischka 3/3/06
http://www.TutusbyT.com
TutusbyT

Postby annieinkansas on Thu May 08, 2008 1:25 pm

My guess is she's referring to the marriage bonus checks some of you got as economic relief...
annieinkansas

PreviousNext

Return to Politics