advertisement
  • Magazines


    Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

    KC Weddings
    Spaces


    Click on a link above to learn more

Cronyism

Re: Cronyism

Postby blessedx3 on Thu May 08, 2008 12:37 pm

TutusbyT wrote:Some people talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
Blessed - I feel you have done the same thing you are accusing others of. In fact personally I wrote my opinion on the gas prices and how it is affecting our family. And you jumped all over my opinion. It is just my opinion on a poll. I'm sorry I don't agree with "dave ramsey" about $40 being all it is going to affect you. It depends on how much you drive. Sorry OT, but just pointing out that it happens when you express your opinions on a forum like this. Everyone tends to feel "attacked" if people don't agree with them to an extent.


Sorry you feel that way. I didn't realize I was attacking you in my disagreement.
User avatar
blessedx3
 
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:53 am

Re: Cronyism

Postby TutusbyT on Thu May 08, 2008 12:43 pm

Just saying it is a 2 way street. You are saying the people on here are attacking the conservatives, but when it is your opinion it is OK?? That is what I was saying.
You had written your opinion, I had written mine. Then you quote me and re write your same opinion, like my opinion is wrong. I consider that the same as what is going on here, so it is not just the liberals against the conservatives.
Tonia
SAHM to Mischka 3/3/06
http://www.TutusbyT.com
User avatar
TutusbyT
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Raymore

Re: Cronyism

Postby blessedx3 on Thu May 08, 2008 12:48 pm

the4moores wrote:I'm glad JENG expressed herself so elquently and thoroughly that nrkeck, blessedx3, mom2j&m felt the need not to add one iota of their own thoughts to this discussion. I personally found your responses to be shallow and vapid. And while you are certainly entitled to your opinions, I'm appalled at the apparent partisanship and lack of honest approach to the subject.


Ummm, yea, that's not an attack...right?
User avatar
blessedx3
 
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:53 am

Re: Cronyism

Postby tgmomof4 on Thu May 08, 2008 1:05 pm

blessedx3 wrote:I should really learn to keep my mouth shut when I disagree. My opinions are not welcome here.


Michelle, your opinions are most welcome here!! Everyone's OPINIONS are welcome here. It's when people express those opinions with rudeness and disrespect that people get upset. I could give countless examples of the rudeness and snarkyness on the site but I won't. Someone can simply answer in their post by saying, "ya know, jmo, but I disagree with that and here's my opinion on the matter........" More than once I've had someone make little remarks after my thread that were rude or condescending; it's mean and not necessary. You didn't have to go back and edit what you wrote, you have every right to express your opinion! And if you will re-read my post you will see that I was never disrespectful towards what you had to say and I even joked to you about what we should call me since I'm not completely liberal on every issue...... I can't speak for others tho', I just try to watch what I write and how I say it. I'm sorry you felt attacked by me and I don't blame you for feeling that way on my account or other's. I'm only taking responsibility for what I say tho'..... I have no control over anyone else here!
We'll be friends until we're old and senile...... then we'll be new friends!
User avatar
tgmomof4
 
Posts: 2605
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:24 pm

Re: Cronyism

Postby akleidosty on Thu May 08, 2008 1:30 pm

blessedx3 wrote:You know, I had totally been refusing to get involved in these thread...and oops, I did it again.....
JENG...I am with you ...renewing my vow.
And yes it's true I seldom back up my views with outside sources because they are MY VIEWS..not some biased reporter's views.!


No offense to anyone, but I do kinda understand what Blessed is saying here. Anytime we get into a serious discussion, it seems like anyone who doesn't cite a source is not taken seriously. I know how to cite a source. I'm an English teacher. Sometimes an opinion "just is", though.
The trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun. ~Naomi Judd
User avatar
akleidosty
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:53 am
Location: Down South

Re: Cronyism

Postby blessedx3 on Thu May 08, 2008 1:58 pm

tgmomof4 wrote: I'm sorry you felt attacked by me and I don't blame you for feeling that way on my account or other's. I'm only taking responsibility for what I say tho'..... I have no control over anyone else here!


I don't feel attacked by you! Not at all. You are always respectful in your comments. No offense taken whatsoever.
User avatar
blessedx3
 
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:53 am

Re: Cronyism

Postby the4moores on Thu May 08, 2008 2:27 pm

jeng wrote:Have any of you ever gotten a job because of who you knew, not what you knew?

No I haven't, have you?
jeng wrote:I did actually look at your links, 4Moores (one of which doesn't work). I take exception to your sources which are basically biased. Slate--owned by the left-leaning Washington Post. Huffington--everyone knows how she leans. NY Times, same story. And PFAW, can't get more liberal than that.

LOL, you looked at the links. yes it sounds like you literally looked at the links and decided to judge the information (titles)based soley upon where the information came from instead of the content and merit of that information.
If you want to play the biased card then how about having specific examples in the information I've provided as that would be much more helpful than your blanket assertion that if X information comes form source Y, then it's biased.
I don't think it does your arguement any favors by trying to compare Rush & Ann to The New York Times. While I have many concerns with my sources you've listed, I've found that in these instances the investigate journalism was spot on.
jeng wrote:I actually had some sources that expounded on cronyism in other administrations.

I've acknowledged this myself, it's ashame you didn't share your information. Why do people have a hard time hearing and ackonleding that their political leader is doing something that's unethical ? I know how you justify it...by claiming that it's always been done, it's human nature and that "it just is"
jeng wrote:In addition to that, in the past I have posted responses defending and supporting my views and gotten condemned for it. It is a waste of time.

Condemed or confronted with oppossing opinions? If you want to show me that the information I've relied on to form my opinion is in fact not reliable or incorrect then please let me know, or if I haven't taken all the facts into account, let me know what side of the issue I'm missing. I am open to this kind of information and feel that's where we can all learn from each other.
jeng wrote:My little post to this thread was simply to point out that it is not unique to Bush or to any administration.

I've agreed with you on this point and in addition I've showed that this administration has taken this to new levels with disasterous consequences.
jeng wrote:Now I have to go renew my vow not to post on any political thread.

That is unfortunate. We should learn to talk about issues, instead of feeling prosecuted for our beliefs. But, Challenging one to question (understand) why they think what they do is not persecution.
"A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth."
-- Albert Einstein
User avatar
the4moores
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: Cronyism

Postby the4moores on Thu May 08, 2008 2:45 pm

blessedx3 wrote:You know, I had totally been refusing to get involved in these thread...and oops, I did it again.....
JENG...I am with you ...renewing my vow.
And yes it's true I seldom back up my views with outside sources because they are MY VIEWS..not some biased reporter's views.!

I'm sorry you feel so persecuted. You are right, they are your views. Please share with us then how you inform yourself about issues to come to an educated opinion. If you found out there was more information to an issue or subject would you be open and willing to learning more to have a fuller understanding ?

that is an honest inquiry.
"A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth."
-- Albert Einstein
User avatar
the4moores
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: Cronyism

Postby blessedx3 on Thu May 08, 2008 3:13 pm

the4moores wrote:
blessedx3 wrote:You know, I had totally been refusing to get involved in these thread...and oops, I did it again.....
JENG...I am with you ...renewing my vow.
And yes it's true I seldom back up my views with outside sources because they are MY VIEWS..not some biased reporter's views.!

I'm sorry you feel so persecuted. You are right, they are your views. Please share with us then how you inform yourself about issues to come to an educated opinion. If you found out there was more information to an issue or subject would you be open and willing to learning more to have a fuller understanding ?

that is an honest inquiry.


I do try and keep an open mind. I am learning new information each day I live...are you? Do you believe that I do not have a full understanding because I disagree? Because if I understood fully, I would agree?
User avatar
blessedx3
 
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:53 am

Re: Cronyism

Postby adlibby on Thu May 08, 2008 3:29 pm

The more you shout... the less you help your cause, and the more firmly the opposition becomes entrenched.

What is the point?

Cronyism is wrotten. Can we all agree that it would be refreshing to have a candidate propose legislation making it illegal? Or at least appoint qualified candidates?
if you liked that, go read my blog ;)
User avatar
adlibby
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests