advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Cronyism

Re: Cronyism

Postby tgmomof4 on Thu May 08, 2008 8:35 am

4moores and Vkitty, awesome posts!! You both obviously have researched your info. before posting. I admire how intelligent and well-written your posts were!! Good job ladies!! I have been attacked here about my GWB views, that's why I love the IGNORE option. The people who have attacked me for my views I no longer waste my time on, their posts are blocked! ;)
We'll be friends until we're old and senile...... then we'll be new friends!
tgmomof4

Postby vengholm on Thu May 08, 2008 8:41 am

tgmomof4 wrote:4moores and Vkitty, awesome posts!! You both obviously have researched your info. before posting. I admire how intelligent and well-written your posts were!! Good job ladies!! I have been attacked here about my GWB views, that's why I love the IGNORE option. The people who have attacked me for my views I no longer waste my time on, their posts are blocked! ;)

How do you do that? I think I might be less angry if I could do that. Block people, I mean.
"Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours." - Swedish Proverb
vengholm

Postby tgmomof4 on Thu May 08, 2008 8:44 am

If I remember right, I went into my settings and there's somewhere where you can put people into your "ignore" group or "foe" group..... shoot, I can't remember but I found it after annie posted one time about "Friend or Foe". Let me know if you figure it out. It sure keeps me from getting so fired up on here if I don't have to look at someone's post or their avatar for that matter!! ;)
tgmomof4

Postby tgmomof4 on Thu May 08, 2008 8:45 am

P.S. Please don't block me!!! :D
tgmomof4

Postby blessedx3 on Thu May 08, 2008 9:48 am

edited: stepping down this time...i should have stayed out to begin with...once again...unwelcome opinions
JENG-- YOU totally rock! Thanks for taking the time and having the eloquence to put your thoughts on paper (er, computer).
Last edited by blessedx3 on Thu May 08, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blessedx3

Postby the4moores on Thu May 08, 2008 10:54 am

[quote="mighty"]This may be a different topic, but can anyone tell me what W has done right? [quote]

I can think of at least 17 things (seriously)
viewtopic.php?f=123&t=2274&p=22833#p22833
"A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth."
-- Albert Einstein
the4moores

Postby tgmomof4 on Thu May 08, 2008 11:39 am

blessedx3 wrote:This post is just one more example of the liberals on the board tryng to piss of the conservatives...nothing more.

Michelle, I honestly don't think the liberals here are purposely trying to piss anyone off. In fact, I don't agree with labeling people here. I have liberal and conservative views so what does that make me?? A conserberal??? I think some people just enjoy some good, educated, informed discussions and are writing about something they're passionate about.

blessedx3 wrote:Getting irritated around here is a waste of time and energy.

That's why I have blocked a couple of people who have attacked me here by voicing my opinions. It doesn't feel good to be made fun of or having someone say something mean to me on a public board. That's why I tried so hard last time to get everyone to remember the real reason why we are here, it's because our common denominator is that we're moms who love our kids dearly! Love one another.....

blessedx3 wrote:Many of us could have remained friends around here if it weren't for liberals starting these threads and then getting "offended" when someone dared to disagree with them.

I think many of us HAVE remained friends here even though we don't all believe the same things. And I don't think the "liberals" are offended by someone's differing views, it's when that someone is rude. A point can be made without sounding hateful or rude or disrespectful! Once again, we all need to agree to disagree and stay respectful even when your view doesn't jive with another person's. Everyone here has a right to their opinion and to voice that opinion but when someone doesn't agree it should be done tastefully and not full of hate and anger.
tgmomof4

Postby blessedx3 on Thu May 08, 2008 12:18 pm

I should really learn to keep my mouth shut when I disagree. My opinions are not welcome here.
Last edited by blessedx3 on Thu May 08, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blessedx3

Postby TutusbyT on Thu May 08, 2008 12:29 pm

Some people talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
Blessed - I feel you have done the same thing you are accusing others of. In fact personally I wrote my opinion on the gas prices and how it is affecting our family. And you jumped all over my opinion. It is just my opinion on a poll. I'm sorry I don't agree with "dave ramsey" about $40 being all it is going to affect you. It depends on how much you drive. Sorry OT, but just pointing out that it happens when you express your opinions on a forum like this. Everyone tends to feel "attacked" if people don't agree with them to an extent.
Tonia
SAHM to Mischka 3/3/06
http://www.TutusbyT.com
TutusbyT

Postby blessedx3 on Thu May 08, 2008 12:35 pm

You know, I had totally been refusing to get involved in these thread...and oops, I did it again.....
JENG...I am with you ...renewing my vow.
And yes it's true I seldom back up my views with outside sources because they are MY VIEWS..not some biased reporter's views.!
blessedx3

PreviousNext

Return to Politics