advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Who would you NOT friend on Facebook ?

Who would you NOT friend on Facebook ?

Postby Dawn on Wed May 08, 2013 7:23 am

I was wondering if people out there avoid friending people in their communities on facebook? I posted a blog on pitfalls of social media, and have had to rethink how open I am on facebook. I have "friends" who I have never met because I've followed them on a blog and they open up their facebook. I follow a few authors I like, and business owners. I might avoid an old boyfriend or someone who was not very friendly to me in my personal life in the past. There are other categories of people I might avoid on facebook.. It hadn't occured to me until I became entangled with someone who had become my friend (my request). It was a professional who serves me/my family in some capacity.

Who would you avoid? A lawyer? Your child's principal or teacher? A medical professional? A pastor? A co-worker? Is there someone you might leave off of your list because sharing too much on facebook could cause problems in the professionalism of your relationship?
Dawn

Re: Who would you NOT friend on Facebook ?

Postby momonnet on Wed May 08, 2013 1:27 pm

I have blocked and not friended a few family members. They r crazy and stalk and find out where and what you are doing by Facebook :-0
momonnet

Postby battlefieldmomma on Sun May 12, 2013 3:09 pm

I only friend close friends and family members (small family). No one else wants to see my kid pictures anyway.
battlefieldmomma

Postby JoLynne on Tue May 14, 2013 9:48 am

I treat Facebook as a public place, not a personal place, and don't post anything I would regret anyone seeing. That way I don't have to worry about who I "friend."
Free-lance Writer & Blogger
KC Education Enterprise
http://kceducationenterprise.org/
Education Enterprise
http://open.salon.com/blog/jolynne
JoLynne

Return to Idle chitchat