advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Books

Books

Postby mighty on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:52 pm

I haven't seen this topic in a while. What book(s) are you reading now, and would you recommend them (and why)?

I'm reading For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway. I'm working my way thru the classics because they're the good stuff, and this fits the bill. Very good story, very well told, so I'd recommend it.

I love how a book can take me to far away places!
mighty

Re: Books

Postby momonnet on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:57 pm

I'm reading the gluten connection. I am amazed at what symptoms gluten intolerance can be.
momonnet

Postby JoLynne on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Love Hemingway. And he worked for the Star for a while, too. Right now I'm reading Steven Pinker's The Better Angels of Our Nature. Not exactly light reading, but illuminating. Definitely making me question a lot of assumptions.
Free-lance Writer & Blogger
KC Education Enterprise
http://kceducationenterprise.org/
Education Enterprise
http://open.salon.com/blog/jolynne
JoLynne

Postby honeypie on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm reading The Life of Pi for book club and having a rough go. I just can't get going...hope I finish in time!
Cupcakes, my favorite food group
honeypie

Postby momonnet on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 am

Done with the gluten book. Great book..... Now I am going to start Heaven is for real by Todd burpo . I have been wanting to read it for a long time. The little boy has an emergency appendectomy and has a great experience to tell. My daughter had her appendix burst at 9 months old. Youngest in the history of. Children's mercy ( at that time at least I don't know abou now 13 years later) . So ... Should be interesting.
momonnet

Postby momonnet on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:33 pm

honeypie wrote:I'm reading The Life of Pi for book club and having a rough go. I just can't get going...hope I finish in time!

Is it a sad story? I have not seen the movie yet. I am not a fan of sad stories.
momonnet

Return to Idle chitchat