advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Mom2mom poll: How often do you go out with just your spouse?

How often do you go out for fun with just your spouse?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 am

A. Never
13%
B. A few times a year
40%
C. 1-3 times a month
31%
D. Once a week or more
13%

Total votes : 22

Mom2mom poll: How often do you go out with just your spouse?

Postby mom2momkc on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:22 am

Do you and your spouse ever get out for fun without the kids? All the time? Never? If you do a regular date night, how do you make it happen? Let us know by answering this week's poll and adding your comments.
Share your experiences, read The Star's FYI section on Tuesday, March 20, and check back often on mom2momkc.com to see how our mom2mom panel answered.
The question: How often do you go out for fun with just your spouse?
A. Never
B. A few times a year
C. 1-3 times a month
D. Once a week or more
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Re: Mom2mom poll: How often do you go out with just your spouse?

Postby mighty on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:31 am

I know I'm in the minority, but going out on a lunch date once a wk. is a marriage saver for us. We didn't always do this (only when all the kids were in school). We get to talk things over quietly and remember that, while we love being mom and dad, we're still "John" and "Marsha" too. ;)
mighty

Postby mygr8crew on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:35 am

While I don't go out with my spouse now (I am divorced), while we were married, I would say a couple of times a year. In hindsight, that probably wasn't enough. I like the concept of monthly date nights (weekly seems like a lot.) If I ever have the chance for a do-over, I will make it a point for them to happen more often.
Susan
Proud Mom to
Taylor, 18
Grace, 16
Gabe, 14
Simon, 12

"Whatever your fight, don't be ladylike!" Mother Jones

http://fiftytwoweeksofme.wordpress.com/
mygr8crew

Postby Dawn on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:41 am

I used to rarely get out alone with my husband. But now, we go to a "small group" from church every two weeks alone. We eat lunch or a dinner together probably once every two weeks also. I've been able to get him to go to lunch with me after my midwife visits sometimes, it has been very nice.
Dawn

Postby battlefieldmomma on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:54 pm

We have gone out more within the past few months than in the past few years! We generally go out to eat, but yesterday went to the car show. We also have been taking the kids out about 1x/mo too. Groupons help a lot. I think we are realizing that we don't have much longer before they go off to school, so are starting to slowly transition to out future life (?)
battlefieldmomma

Postby JoLynne on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 pm

If it were up to me, my husband and I would go out as a couple more often than we do. I think it is important for our relationship, but he doesn't see the need now that we're married. When I do make arrangements for a date and convince him to go on one, though, he always seems to have a good time. It's just one of those things we have continued to negotiate over two decades of marriage.
Free-lance Writer & Blogger
KC Education Enterprise
http://kceducationenterprise.org/
Education Enterprise
http://open.salon.com/blog/jolynne
JoLynne

Postby JoLynne on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Well, whadya know? No sooner than I post my pouty little message about my husband not wanting to go out on dates with me ... he asked me if I wanted to go to The Whiskey Tour with him. There is hope for us long-married people after all! :D (Of course, I said "yes.")
Free-lance Writer & Blogger
KC Education Enterprise
http://kceducationenterprise.org/
Education Enterprise
http://open.salon.com/blog/jolynne
JoLynne

Postby mrsbluebear on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:46 pm

This is something that is becoming more frequent for us. 2 years ago, we had our first "date" in about 3 years. In the two years since, we've had about 5, and three of those have been in the last six months. The charm of having 2 kids of an age to babysit has helped immensely.
mrsbluebear

Postby frizzed on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:49 pm

date nights are a ton easier when all you need to do is say "bye, we are leaving, see you later" and not worry about a babysitter. If I would have known this bliss earlier, I would had teenagers instead of babies!
If you are gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
frizzed

Postby Qcaller on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Never.

Sadly, we almost never go out to dinner and a show or some other entertainment. However, as I was composing my reply I realized that we have had several nights when our kids spent the night at their grandparents' house leaving us with an evening alone together. We enjoy hanging out together at home so we don't have a strong desire to get out; however, it might be a good idea to get away from our electronics the next time we have an evening together. No Facebook games, no blog reading, no stupid TV - just eye contact and space to share our thoughts. Now that sounds like a plan!

Pam West
Pamster
DH Alex (married Sept 2001)
DD Annali (born Jul 05, adopted May 06)
DS Tyler (born Nov 06, adopted Mar 08)
Ddogs Bailey & Marco
Blog: Pamster's Planet
My Flickr Collections
Qcaller

Next

Return to Mom2Mom Question of the Week