advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Mom2mom poll: When did your baby sleep through the night?

When did your first baby start to sleep through the night?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:33 am

A. Before 3 months
37%
B. 3 to 6 months
12%
C. 6 months to a year
31%
D. Older than a year
18%

Total votes : 16

Mom2mom poll: When did your baby sleep through the night?

Postby mom2momkc on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 am

It's the experience we all share as moms: getting our newborn to sleep through the night. When did your first (or only, in some cases) baby make it all the way through the night? (And wasn't it the most blissful experience on earth, BTW?!)

Share your experiences, read The Star's FYI section on Tuesday, March 6, and check back often on mom2momkc.com to see how our mom2mom panel answered.
The question: When did your first baby start to sleep through the night?
A. Before 3 months
B. 3 to 6 months
C. 6 months to a year
D. Older than a year
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Re: Mom2mom poll: When did your baby sleep through the night?

Postby valeho on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:30 am

My son did not sleep through the night until he was 17 months old. As a single mom, the sleep deprivation was extremely hard. Now I suffering sleep deprivation with my son's leg aches (growing pains). Sigh...I can't win. :)
Be more concerned about your character than your reputation. Your reputation is what others perceive about you...your character is who you really are!
valeho

Postby Alex'sMommy on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:41 am

valeho wrote:Now I suffering sleep deprivation with my son's leg aches (growing pains). Sigh...I can't win. :)

My son gets those too! I feel so bad for him. :(

I was very fortunate that all three of my children slept through the night at about 6-8 weeks old. I remember my middle son very well. It was the night before I had to go back to work. I put him to bed, not wanting to have to leave him yet, and I woke up in the morning realizing he didn't wake me up. I couldn't get to his room fast enough only to find him sleeping soundly. He was 6 weeks old.

I loved getting up with my children when they were newborns but can't imagine having to do that through the toddler stage too!
Alex'sMommy

Postby hotmomma on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 am

My first born was sleeping through the night at six weeks old, though before that he only was waking up once or so. When he was first born, I had to set my alarm to feed him every four hours through the night because he wasn't eating enough and his doctor wanted him fed more often.
No one can make something untrue simply by choosing not to believe it. ~ Dr. David Jeremiah

Telling a woman what to do in her own home is like trying to baptize a cat. ~ Phil McGraw

A gun carrying Christian is a Christian criminals should fear. ~ Amy Pinson, NRA member
hotmomma

Postby micheleomalley on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:09 pm

I am very luck that both my kids figured out the sleeping game at about three months. This is the same time I returned to work. Once the kids were in daycare, our schedule seemed to work better. Even though as babies, the kids were not "doing" anything, I think daycare wore them out, so they slept better at night.
micheleomalley

Postby sahmiam43 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:17 pm

First born was by 8 weeks. I can still remember the bliss/terror/run to her room when I woke up in the morning and she hadn't woken me up. That was followed by seeing her sweet face still sleeping...aww, they are so cute when they are asleep.
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

But wait! There's more! For the low price of a clickity click click,click...
http://thehistorychicks.com/
http://sahmiam43.blogspot.com
sahmiam43

Postby JoLynne on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:40 pm

When my daughter finally slept through the night was immensely significant at the time ... but 12 years later I don't remember. Mother Nature can be kind when she causes us to forget difficulties and leaves us with mostly the happy memories. :D
Free-lance Writer & Blogger
KC Education Enterprise
http://kceducationenterprise.org/
Education Enterprise
http://open.salon.com/blog/jolynne
JoLynne

Postby JayhawkKaty on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 pm

With my oldest, it was right before 3 months, right before I went back to work. With my youngest, she was probably 4-5 months, and I was back at work. I remember that being a very rough time. Both of mine wanted to get up and play, too, not go right back to sleep.

I am so thankful I was able to have 12 weeks off work both times for the adjustment. I know there are a lot of moms who don't get that much time.
Katy
DS - 11
DD - 6
JayhawkKaty

Postby mygr8crew on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 pm

I had to dig into the deep recesses of my mind to pull this out, it was so long ago. My oldest was colicky and suffered from dairy and soy allergies. She did not sleep through the night until she was well past six months. This was when I learned the wonders of co-sleeping, because if I didn't sleep with her nestled in the crook of my arm, there was none to be had.
Susan
Proud Mom to
Taylor, 18
Grace, 16
Gabe, 14
Simon, 12

"Whatever your fight, don't be ladylike!" Mother Jones

http://fiftytwoweeksofme.wordpress.com/
mygr8crew

Postby charsing on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:29 pm

My oldest woke up only once a night untill he was about seven months old. He then began to sleep through the night. He was by far the best sleeper out of the three kids. He never complained about going to bed and would often put himself to bed as a toddler when we thought he was in his room playing.
charsing

Next

Return to Mom2Mom Question of the Week