advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Mom2mom poll: Did you lose weight during breast feeding?

Did you lose weight during breast feeding?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 am

A. Yes
69%
B. No
30%

Total votes : 23

Re: Mom2mom poll: Did you lose weight during breast feeding?

Postby charsing on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:35 pm

I gained a lot of weight with both boys (over 50 pounds each). Between giving birth and breastfeeding I lost all the weight and more within 3-4 weeks. I ended up weighing less than I did when I conceived (but I have never been a small person). I am sure a lot of the weight was edema, part was baby then breastfeeding just melted the rest off.
charsing

Postby normaking on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Breast feeding is a great way to loose weight! But you still have to eat enough. I joined Weight Watchers and followed their nursing mothers' plan and lost enough weight to meet my goal and still had enough milk for the baby. I was also regularly pushing that boy around and around the neighborhood in a stroller.
Be sure to eat enough! If you cut back too much the baby will suffer ie, cry, not sleep, want to eat more often and you will pay the price.
I read someplace long ago that breast feeding helps us get rid of the fat we put on around our hips and thighs. I believe it.
normaking

Postby shadowkim on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:35 pm

Yes I lost over 30 pounds while Breast Feeding. It was great. I am hoping that I will be as successful this time with it as I was the first time.
shadowkim

Postby mommof4 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:57 pm

No, I wish. My body seemed to hang onto the fat for dear life while I was nursing.
mommof4

Previous

Return to Mom2Mom Question of the Week