advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

Mom2mom poll: Did you lose weight during breast feeding?

Did you lose weight during breast feeding?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 am

A. Yes
69%
B. No
30%

Total votes : 23

Mom2mom poll: Did you lose weight during breast feeding?

Postby mom2momkc on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:11 am

Did you lose weight when you were breast feeding? Not so much? Some moms find this rule to be true, others don't lose an ounce! What's been your experience? Share here and read what other KC moms say.
Read The Star's FYI section on Tuesday, Oct. 11, and check back often on mom2momkc.com to see how our mom2mom panel answered.
The question: Did you lose weight during breast feeding?
A. Yes
B. No
Kady McMaster
Editor, mom2momkc.com
mom2momkc

Re: Mom2mom poll: Did you lose weight during breast feeding?

Postby valeho on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:25 am

No, no I didn't. And what I don 't understand is 8-1/2 years after having my son, I still am carrying around the baby weight. :lol:
Be more concerned about your character than your reputation. Your reputation is what others perceive about you...your character is who you really are!
valeho

Postby momonnet on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:58 am

Yes...but..... I think I would have anyway. I don't think I lost because of the breast feeding.
momonnet

Postby sahmiam43 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:11 am

Technically, sure. But starting breastfeeding right after birth and giving it up many months later- I would think that anyone would technically weigh less. But, I didn't see that Like A Daily Workout weight loss after the first month or so of extreme post-partum weight plummet. And when I stopped breast feeding I was good for another 10 lbs loss. And that was about it...I mean, besides the 24 lbs of baby I had attached to me all. the. time.
DD- 16
DS-14
DS-7

But wait! There's more! For the low price of a clickity click click,click...
http://thehistorychicks.com/
http://sahmiam43.blogspot.com
sahmiam43

Postby jacobsmommy921 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:12 am

I did lose weight, so I guess that can partially be attributed to breastfeeding.
jacobsmommy921

Postby Dawn on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:51 am

I want to answer yes or no, but I cannot. Initially I do loose weight in the first few months, but then begin to gain. Since I breast feed for extended periods (about 2 years), it's a long time to gauge. I would say "yes" and "no." I typically do loose weight if I'm not pregnant when I wean though. I will loose 5 lbs or so, my appetite is down when not nursing.
Dawn

Postby JoLynne on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:22 am

My daughter and I spent the last trimester of my pregnancy on bed rest, because I never gained enough weight. Luckily she was born perfectly healthy. And I can't blame my current effort to get back to a healthy weight on my pregnancy. Eating too much and lack of exercise are the culprits. Going to graduate school and dislocating my elbow did more to pack the pounds on me than pregnancy did.
Free-lance Writer & Blogger
KC Education Enterprise
http://kceducationenterprise.org/
Education Enterprise
http://open.salon.com/blog/jolynne
JoLynne

Postby Yahoo on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 pm

I lost all my extra weight with both kids within 6 weeks of giving birth and there is no way it was for any other reason. I continued my "dessert a day" excuse from pregnancy until I weaned. I do consider myself very lucky - I certainly never expected it to be so easy.
You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of reality. Ayn Rand
Yahoo

Postby lisab on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Yes, and I feel really lucky. I know stress greatly attributed as well after my fourth. She had colic. I breastfed each baby for different lengths of time. I know it helped my uterus contract & get back to its pre-pregnancy size. Sometimes the contractions were pretty rough.
Lisa B.
lisab

Postby mygr8crew on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Yes, and then no. It certainly didn't last. During the first couple of months of rigorous breast feeding and being at home, I did lose pretty well. But when I went back to work, it was all for naught. It is too easy to eat sitting behind a desk with no baby attached to my hip and chasing a couple of toddlers around.
Susan
Proud Mom to
Taylor, 18
Grace, 16
Gabe, 14
Simon, 12

"Whatever your fight, don't be ladylike!" Mother Jones

http://fiftytwoweeksofme.wordpress.com/
mygr8crew

Next

Return to Mom2Mom Question of the Week