advertisement
  • Magazines

Magazines geared toward making your life easier, richer, fuller.

KC Weddings
    Spaces

Click on a link above to learn more

North Korea - Should we be worried??

North Korea - Should we be worried??

Postby thelommer on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:49 am

How worried should we be about North Korea?? What Is Kim Jong Un Thinking????

The Pentagon ordered an advanced missile defense system to the western Pacific on Wednesday, as the US defense secretary, Chuck Hagel, declared that North Korea posed "a real and clear danger" to South Korea, Japan and America itself.

The deployment of the battery to the US territory of Guam is the biggest demonstration yet that Washington regards the confrontation with North Korea as more worrying than similar crises over the past few years. It also suggests the Americans are preparing for a long standoff.

North Korea ramped up its rhetoric on Wednesday, warning that it had authorized plans for nuclear strikes on targets in the US. The North Korean military said that the "moment of explosion is approaching fast" and that war could break out "today or tomorrow".

An unnamed North Korea army spokesman, in a statement carried by the Korean Central News Agency, said its military had been cleared to wage an attack using "smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear" weapons.
thelommer

Re: North Korea - Should we be worried??

Postby momonnet on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Yikes
momonnet

Postby frizzed on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:52 pm

The husband of a lady I work with is being deployed to South Korea on Friday. He is in the reserves and his orders came in on Tuesday
If you are gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
frizzed

Postby momonnet on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Yikes again
momonnet

Postby mamalackey on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:05 am

Of course we should be worried. There is a coocoo-bananas ruler over there in North Korea. Perhaps he has arms that are capable of getting here perhaps not. Regardless, he has evil intentions for the USA.
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark
Edie
mamalackey

Postby mighty on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 am

I agree with the watch-prepare-wait that's going on by the US.

When the leader of North Korea, which I heard called 'The Hermit Nation,' finishes throwing his temper tantrum, maybe we can all calm down again. If his nation would stop signing nuclear testing treaties and then breaking them, his country would stop getting sanctioned by the UN. Including the newest sanctions, also signed by their buddy, China. Then they could get back to behaving and feeding their people, for a change, instead of threatening to go ballistic.

Sounds like a different kind of March madness to me.
mighty

Postby JoLynne on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:12 pm

I think the concern is that the new leader -- Kim Jung Un -- is young and inexperienced ... and might not know when to stop in what has traditionally been a game of chicken between North Korea and the rest of the world.
Free-lance Writer & Blogger
KC Education Enterprise
http://kceducationenterprise.org/
Education Enterprise
http://open.salon.com/blog/jolynne
JoLynne

Return to News